Couldn't extract UUID (mergerfs)

• Hi,

after the most recent update and a reboot, it seems mergerfs isn't working anymore. When trying to open the file systems tab, I get:

This is the Mergerfs volume. The content is still there in the data discs, but I can't access it throuth mergerfs.

If it is any help, this is the ouput of "omv-showkey mergerfs":

• Sean

Hat das Label OMV 6.x hinzugefügt.
  • PS: I just noticed in the "Disks" tab that my system disk now is called "sdc" rather than "sda" as before, so the sequence of the disks seems to have been messed up. Could this have anything to do with my problem?

• When I try to restart the mergerfs pool, it's

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would try changing the path in your pool to just /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Data*, apply changes, and reboot.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks for your reply! I'm not sure if I understood you correctly; in the mergerfs UI I can only select drives from the list and not enter the path by hand.

Anyway, I selected the proper drives again and tried to apply; the result was:

The "merged" directory (6418...) exists; should I delete it? Some docker containers operate on it and created some directories; could this cause problems?

• ..... in the mergerfs UI I can only select drives from the list and not enter the path by hand.

I can enter paths in the Path box which is just above the Create Policy drop down selection list.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Ah, I didn't realise the field can be edited.

The result, however, is the same:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Reboot.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• I've had problems with editing a pool in the past and am not sure if it was a bug or not, and if it was whether or not it was fixed.

I found it easier to delete a pool and then recreate it instead of trying to figure out what went wrong with my edit. Maybe you can try this.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Aaron: The error I posted happens when I try to apply the changes. So after the reboot, the changes are still pending, and everything is as before.

Should I delete the folder 6418...? Or is this goint to cause more trouble?

Gderf: Funny, the "delete" icon is greyed out for my pool. (all other icons are active).

• Gderf: Funny, the "delete" icon is greyed out for my pool. (all other icons are active).

If the delete icon is grayed out that means the pool is referenced somewhere else, shared, etc. You would have to remove those conditions first.

--

• Offizieller Beitrag

I've had problems with editing a pool in the past and am not sure if it was a bug or not, and if it was whether or not it was fixed.

If the pool can't be restarted after your change, it usually fails. Not sure how the plugin can fix that. That is why rebooting is usually easier and when you apply after the reboot, it is restarting the same pool.

The error I posted happens when I try to apply the changes. So after the reboot, the changes are still pending, and everything is as before.

Was this pool created from an OMV 5 to 6 upgrade? I expect the changes to still be pending. And as I said above, restarting the same pool after the reboot should have less issues.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You don't have to delete the shared folders but you would have to temporary point them at something else.

• If the pool can't be restarted after your change, it usually fails. Not sure how the plugin can fix that. That is why rebooting is usually easier and when you apply after the reboot, it is restarting the same pool.

Was this pool created from an OMV 5 to 6 upgrade? I expect the changes to still be pending. And as I said above, restarting the same pool after the reboot should have less issues.

I tried to restart the pool after a reboot. Same error.

• You don't have to delete the shared folders but you would have to temporary point them at something else.

Which leads me to a suggestion. Would it be possible to have buttons to be able to disable/enable shared folders and shared folders in the various services?

--

• Offizieller Beitrag

You don't need to restart the pool.

Is this a pool that was upgraded from omv 5 to 6?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Would it be possible to have buttons to be able to disable/enable shared folders and shared folders in the various services?

Possible? maybe. You would have to how to handle every service that uses shared folders. That would be extremely difficult. I can't think of any way that doesn't require major changes to OMV.

• Zitat

Is this a pool that was upgraded from omv 5 to 6?

Yes. Do I have to do something to "convert" an OMV 5 pool?

OK, now I'm really confused because after another reboot everything is working again - and everything I changed was stopping the docker containers before the reboot.

Thanks to both of you for helping! If it turns out that something is still broken, I'll be back.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Do I have to do something to "convert" an OMV 5 pool?

The upgrade "converts" the pool but it seems like there are too many problems when using the old mount point /srv/UUID.

OK, now I'm really confused because after another reboot everything is working again - and everything I changed was stopping the docker containers before the reboot.

This doesn't surprise me. Your pool is probably trying to mount before the storage is ready. Guessing you are using usb drives?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!