First snapraid sync

• I've just migrated a ton of content to my mergerfs pool and am now ready to run my first snapraid. I have read up on keeping things tidy with snapscript and whatnot, but would like to just run it manually for the first time.

That said, I see a way to kick it off (I think) via the GUI but PCs crash, restart, etc, and I'm guessing the first parity build is going to take several days if not more.

Does anyone have a recommendation on how to build the first parity safely? Should I be logging in locally at the server and running a command line job to build the parity drive this first time?

Appreciate any info, sorry if it's a dum-dum question. This will be the first time I actually bothered to have any type of RAID on my server other than JBOD so I'm learning.

• I did my first by

# snapraid sync

Then it was 4x4 TB drives took about 15 hours or so.

Inwin MS04 case with 315 W PSU

ASUS Prime H310i-Plus R2.0 board

Two port PCI-E SATA card

16GB Kingston DDR4

Intel Pentium Coffee Lake G5400 CPU

Samsung Evo M.2 256GB OS drive

4x4TB WD Red NAS drives + 1x4TB + 1x5TB Seagate drives - MergerFS pool

Seagate 5TB USB drives - SnapRAID parity x 2

• I suggest sshing into the server, start a screen session, start the SnapRAID sync, then disconnect the screen session and log out. You can check up on it by sshing back into the server, reconnect the screen session and see what is going on. Do this as often as you wish. No need to keep the machine you are sshing from running.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

With the latest OMV, you could start it from the plugin and close your browser. When you login again, you will be able to reconnect to the output if it is still running.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!