Problems Loading

• Last night I installed the updates. But usually, when I install updates I usually do a reboot of the system. When I reboot I said it was Loading (with a blue screen) then this software failure came. I've tried to reboot everything and it's the same. However, the funny part is I can still access my drives and get things. So how can I get back to the dashboard?

• I just punched 10 times and now I don't even get the loading screen.

Either your IP changed or the port 80 is beeing used by other service.

Post outputs inside a codebox of:

ip a

docker ps -a

• Soma -

I thank you for your help, but as I mentioned before, I've very new to this stuff. Nothing is using port 80, but OVM 6. In fact, OVM 6 is on its own pi. After punching 10 times (as you mentioned above), now the only thing I'm getting is "This site can't be reached". However, I found out that my router had changed my IP address. Now I'm getting the dashboard. Thanks

I do have another question for you since the main problem has been fixed. Can I load/add another program onto the pi that only has OVM 6.0 on it? I would like to add webmin on the same pi as OVM. Can it be done and how would I do it?

Thanks

Dan :)

• I would not use OMV and Webmin on the same server. Both are tools for the administration of a server.

Why do you want Webmin? Maybe there are better solutions.

I've used webmin on all my OMV installs since V2 and aside from once when I was just starting out and decided to try changing something I shouldn't have, I haven't had an issue since. That said, if you are going to use it, you have to avoid making system chaneges to anything that OMV is actually controlling the configs on.

For me the primary use for it is for the file manager and ease of editing scripts, compose files and configs that are not part of OMV with a solid desktop style copy/paste function. Most other things are not touched as they could break OMV

• Offizieller Beitrag

f you are going to use it, you have to avoid making system chaneges to anything that OMV is actually controlling the configs on.

This is the key and most users would probably not realize what is and isn't controlled by OMV (not everything has an OMV header).

compose files ... that are not part of OMV with a solid desktop style copy/paste function.

Have you used the compose plugin?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• All I really want is someway of being able to make a backup copy of the "The Whole SD Card".

What's so difficult on cloning the SDcard?

If with physical access:

Power off.

Clone it on another PC.

Flash img to a new==SDcard.

Boot up with the new one.

If no physical access:

Use dd to make a full copy but make sure you test it, at least once to be 100% sure that it's good.

• This is the key and most users would probably not realize what is and isn't controlled by OMV (not everything has an OMV header).

Have you used the compose plugin?

I have tried the plugin, it works, but I prefer the method I have been using.

I tend to use protainer to manually make containers or the stacks function for compose files. I have a docker autocompose container set up that is called from a custom script daily to pull a 30 day rotating backup of all of my containers. If i have to re-deply because i have been messing with something and it went sideways over the course of a few days or a week, or even up to that 30 days, I have the the rotating/historical compose files to go back to. If required, I will open these in the filemanager of webmin pick out what I need for a re-deployment and copy/paste what I need into portainer.

Just my preference on how I like to operate.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have a docker autocompose container set up that is called from a custom script daily to pull a 30 day rotating backup of all of my containers

I personally don't like the compose file that autocompose creates. But the nice thing about the plugin is that the compose files are stored in the OMV database and on the filesystem. If you accidentally deleted all of the files or the drive failed, just a quick change in the plugin would recreate them all. Just backing up the OMV database (/etc/openmediavault/config.xml) would backup all of your compose files and dockerfiles (if any).

Just my preference on how I like to operate.

Use whatever you like. You just mentioned you were doing things with webmin that I feel the compose plugin does better. So, I asked. The compose plugin is also native to OMV and I am open to feedback on changes. You probably won't get that with webmin : )

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Soma - There is nothing wrong with what you said. I'm a little confused on flashing it to another sd card. I have no clue what tools to use for this. If you could give me instructions, or point me in the right direction, I thank you.

Also remember, you might be talking to another person who knows more than you or very little (like me). So I beg you to please remember this.

• Also remember, you might be talking to another person who knows more than you or very little (like me). So I beg you to please remember this.

Most time I post from phone so answers might seem a bit "arrogant".

Not by intention but only to keep it short.

As for links, this has been said countless times on the forum and, IIRC, is also covered on the wiki or docs.

Try the search function with "clone SDcard"

• I personally don't like the compose file that autocompose creates.

Agreed, they are a mess, with way more in them than is needed, but they save any trial and error in a re-deployment.

Use whatever you like. You just mentioned you were doing things with webmin that I feel the compose plugin does better. So, I asked. The compose plugin is also native to OMV and I am open to feedback on changes. You probably won't get that with webmin : )

To be honest, I don't do a lot of "editing" of the compose files in webmin, except to copy/paste from the autocompose backups. The editing and changing of things is normally done in portainer. Most of the text editing in webmin is for scripts and config files. The file manager is by far my most used portion.

As I said, I did try the plugin the last time I had to deploy a compose file. It seemed to work fine, but I ultimately re deployed from portainer because it was showing reduced administration functions if I recall, which I guess makes sense if the compose was not in it's stacks database.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!