Yottamaster FS5U3 Build

• I have OMV 6 currently with Western Digital Drive which I plan on removing. But I have added a YottaMaster FS5U3 harddrive enclosure. The enclosure has been giving me a fit with the supplied HMVRaidManager software recognizing drives. So I tried to configure Software Raid on OMV. Each 4tb hard drive is visible in 'Disks' but when I got to individually mount drives so I can configure the RAID 5 set up on 4 volumes are visible? Is RAID 5 only supported in OMV for 4 drives?

• Offizieller Beitrag

:?: To use the drives in OMV they should be wiped first, if they are repurposed they should be securely wiped.

Then the drives can be used to create the raid, that needs to be done first before adding a file system

• :?: To use the drives in OMV they should be wiped first, if they are repurposed they should be securely wiped.

Then the drives can be used to create the raid, that needs to be done first before adding a file system

These are brand new drivers that I formatted in Windows computer management. I didn't sign them a drive letter. I can see the drives individually but the raid manager software cannot see the drives to configure a raid setup

• Offizieller Beitrag

You may have two options:

a// create the raid using OMV. For this the enclosure must present the drives individually to OMV. Then wipe the drives and create a RAID in the GUI of OMV

b// the enclosure provides some sort of hardware raid; then you need to check the documentation of the enclosure how to do it; in the end the RAID will be presented as a single filesystem to OMV and you can mount it

It is suggested to use Linux filesystems like ext4 and NOT windows filesystems like NTFS

BTW: why do you want RAID?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!