docker not working since omv-upgrade

• No change :/

Error on Firefox : PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR when accessing qbittorrent WebUI.

The grub fix just changes an apparmour boot option and the docker reinstall is just so docker is configured for that option.

When I did the patch on my system, I did notice that some containers were still not running right so I had to re-create them. If you are using portainer, the easiest way is to just hit the re-create button on the setting page for each container. You will not loose anything, the container will just get rebuilt.

• Offizieller Beitrag

should not have to apply manual fixes after an update

Never had a Windows update go bad? This was caused by docker not OMV. Some things are out of our hands.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• For anyone following, if you can keep your finger off the update button it looks like a fix on the docker side is in the works:

Daemon does not start without apparmor · Issue #44900 · moby/moby
    Description Running on Debian 11 Bullseye, and using deb https://download.docker.com/linux/debian bullseye stable in sources.list.d. After upgrade from version…
    github.com

Zitat

FYI, this was discussed in today's maintainer call and a revert to the apparmor startup logic is being fast-tracked for a 23.0.1 release: #44902 (comment)

• For anyone following, if you can keep your finger off the update button it looks like a fix on the docker side is in the works:

https://github.com/moby/moby/i…0#issuecomment-1420032331

That’s good to hear.

For those of us that installed the grub patch, it should be easy to reverse by just removing the apparmor flag file that ryecoaaron ’s instructions created and then updating grub again. Those that installed apparmor and apparmor-utils should be able to just uninstall them.

• Offizieller Beitrag

it looks like a fix on the docker side is in the works:

If you read the docker issue, it doesn't seem like Docker agrees with the moby dev. The docker folks seem to think apparmor should be installed. So, I don't see any fix that will help OMV coming. We are still at disable apparmor at the OS level or install apparmor for options. As the moby dev mentions, installing apparmor can be problematic. I am still recommending that apparmor be disabled at the OS level. If OMV 7 has apparmor enabled by default, I think this will be less of an issue.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

• I have applied the grub fix, and I still get the apparmor error when starting the docker containers.

I have tried multiple times, and tried uninstalling and re-installing docker.

Zitat

Error response from daemon: AppArmor enabled on system but the docker-default profile could not be loaded: running `apparmor_parser apparmor_parser --version` failed with output:

error: exec: "apparmor_parser": executable file not found in $PATH

EDIT:

docker info still shows apparmor under Security Options as well.

• I have applied the grub fix, and I still get the apparmor error when starting the docker containers.

I have tried multiple times, and tried uninstalling and re-installing docker.

EDIT:

docker info still shows apparmor under Security Options as well.

ryecoaaron can correct me if I’m wrong, but this is the way I understand it.

If you install from the OMV iso, apparmor is not installed, so his grub fix is just disabling a boot flag the docker is looking at and thinking apparmor is installed, but since it’s not docker has a problem.

If you used a Debian minimal net install and the omv install script, apparmor is installed by Debian, but apparmor-utils is not, and it is apparmor-utils that, once installed, corrects the issue.

You need to apply the correct fix based on how you installed.

You can correct me, but since you are seeing apparmor as installed, you probably installed via the Debian net install and omv script, and as such you should probably undo the grub patch and install apparmor-utils

• I installed OMV 5 from ISO, and did a manual upgrade to 6.
    I also remember having issues (don't remember what it was) and had to re-run the omv script, so not sure if that is the same thing.

EDIT:

apparmor is not installed if that means anything.

• Code
    docker info
    Zitat

Server Version: 20.10.23

Security Options:

apparmor

Code
    dpkg -l | grep apparmor
    Zitat

ii libapparmor1:amd64 2.13.6-10 amd64 changehat AppArmor library

I originally installed OMV 5 and upgraded to OMV 6 when it was released. Seems to me the old docker (v20) also thought I had apparmor installed. Guess we will see if switching logic from 23 to 20 in the new PR will "fix" this. I have held off from updating because of this shenanigans.

• I installed OMV 5 from ISO, and did a manual upgrade to 6.
    I also remember having issues (don't remember what it was) and had to re-run the omv script, so not sure if that is the same thing.

EDIT:

apparmor is not installed if that means anything.

If I check "cat /proc/cmdline" it shows the follwoing, so the grub workaround does not seem to be working for me, any idea why?

Zitat

cat /proc/cmdline

BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-5.10.0-0.bpo.15-amd64 root=UUID=418335aa-4d5a-495e-82f0-99c7d8040645 ro quiet

• Offizieller Beitrag

Are you on OMV 5? While it should work for that version, I didn't test.

• I suspect the manual upgrade from OMV5, which if I recall correctly call for a do-release-upgrade may have actually installed apparmor, so the other fix may be the one that is needed.

Personally, I have never really trusted the upgrade paths and have always installed fresh for major versions.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I suspect the manual upgrade from OMV5, which if I recall correctly call for a do-release-upgrade may have actually installed apparmor, so the other fix may be the one that is needed.

omv-release-upgrade from 4 to 5 to 6 on one of my machines didn't install apparmor.

No. I originally installed 5 from iso, I upgraded to 6 manually.

Post the output of the following:

dpkg -l | grep -E "grub|apparmor|linux-image"

cat /etc/default/grub

cat /etc/default/grub.d/apparmor.cfg

sudo update-grub

• Offizieller Beitrag

Personally, I have never really trusted the upgrade paths and have always installed fresh for major versions.

I have never had an upgrade that I couldn't fix IF omv-release-upgrade failed.

• dpkg -l | grep -E "grub|apparmor|linux-image"

Code
    ii  grub-common                         2.06-3~deb11u5                 amd64        GRand Unified Bootloader (common files)
    ii  grub-legacy                         0.97-77                        amd64        GRand Unified Bootloader (Legacy version)
    rc  grub-pc                             2.06-3~deb10u3                 amd64        GRand Unified Bootloader, version 2 (PC/BIOS version)
    ii  grub-pc-bin                         2.06-3~deb11u5                 amd64        GRand Unified Bootloader, version 2 (PC/BIOS modules)
    rc  grub2-common                        2.06-3~deb10u3                 amd64        GRand Unified Bootloader (common files for version 2)
    ii  libapparmor1:amd64                  2.13.6-10                      amd64        changehat AppArmor library
    ii  linux-image-5.10.0-0.bpo.15-amd64   5.10.120-1~bpo10+1             amd64        Linux 5.10 for 64-bit PCs (signed)
    rc  linux-image-5.10.0-0.deb10.16-amd64 5.10.127-2~bpo10+1             amd64        Linux 5.10 for 64-bit PCs (signed)

cat /etc/default/grub

cat /etc/default/grub.d/apparmor.cfg

Code
    GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="$GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT apparmor=0"

sudo update-grub

Code
    Searching for GRUB installation directory ... found: /boot/grub
    WARNING: tempfile is deprecated; consider using mktemp instead.
    Searching for default file ... found: /boot/grub/default
    Testing for an existing GRUB menu.lst file ... found: /boot/grub/menu.lst
    WARNING: tempfile is deprecated; consider using mktemp instead.
    Searching for splash image ... none found, skipping ...
    Found kernel: /boot/vmlinuz-5.10.0-0.bpo.15-amd64
    Found kernel: /boot/vmlinuz-5.10.0-0.bpo.5-amd64
    Updating /boot/grub/menu.lst ... done
    • Offizieller Beitrag

It doesn't help that your system still is running the backports Debian 10/OMV 5.x kernel but I would try moving apparmor=0 to the GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet" line in /etc/default/grub and run sudo update-grub again.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!