Specify mount point (pref /home/pi)

• How can i in the GUI Specify mount point? (pref /home/pi)

I have setup two disks in LVM2 and formated it BTRFS. Now i want to mount it directly to /home/pi but there is no option to set the mount point in the GUI?

• blixten85

Hat das Label OMV 6.x hinzugefügt.
  • OMV does not work like that. File systems used for data (shared folders) are mounted at /srv. You can use syslinks to /home/pi if you like.

What? Why not?

No syslinks is not good.

I can manually edit the fstab, but will the OMV change the fstab on reboot? Or under any other circumstances?

• Because OMV does not work that way from beginning because it is a conceptual thing and design decision. If you like to configure the mount points, have a look for webmin. I think OMV is then not what you are searching for.

Maybe. I was going to use it as a NAS and the smartest way for me is to mount my larger diskspace directly under /home/pi, that way i wont loose any data if i just unplugg the sdcard.

Hitting two flies in one smash.

But i guess thats not what OMV is designed for. :D

• Offizieller Beitrag

I can manually edit the fstab, but will the OMV change the fstab on reboot?

This will break OMV completely because you corrupted the configuration that is deployed from the settings that are stored in the config database. The OMV config database is the source of truth, every system config and service is generated from that data.

• This will break OMV completely because you corrupted the configuration that is deployed from the settings that are stored in the config database. The OMV config database is the source of truth, every system config and service is generated from that data.

Mm ok. Shame, i kinda liked this OMV. It has some (in my mind) stupid flaws. Like setting the mountpoint where the heck i want to.

How do i uninstall this? Going back to exactly how it was before i ran the install for OMV6?

apt-get remove --autoremove openmediavault ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I was going to use it as a NAS and the smartest way for me is to mount my larger diskspace directly under /home/pi, that way i wont loose any data if i just unplugg the sdcard.

Can you elaborate on this?

It really does not matter, where the filesystem in mounted. If you throw away your Pi and the sd-card, you can still access the data on the data drive on any Linux machine. Even on Windows, if you install some additional software.

Just don't throw away the data drive together with the RPi ;)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!