Reset Portainer password

• Hello and sorry for the noob question!!

I'm trying to reset the Portainer password, but without success, since I don't know how to find the "bind-mount/volume for the data volume".

Thank you for the patience.

Using the guide from this link: github

Code
    # stop the existing Portainer container
    docker container stop portainer

# run the helper using the same bind-mount/volume for the data volume
    docker run --rm -v portainer_data:/data portainer/helper-reset-password
    2020/06/04 00:13:58 Password succesfully updated for user: admin
    2020/06/04 00:13:58 Use the following password to login: &_4#\3^5V8vLTd)E"NWiJBs26G*9HPl1

# restart portainer and use the password above to login
    docker container start portainer
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Did you install portainer with the button in OMV? i assume so.

If you don't know the name of your portainer container, you should be able to find it with this command:

Code
    docker ps | grep port

Output (my container is named "portainer"). I think the button in OMV names the container portainer-ce, but don't hold me to it.

Code
    root@openmediavault:~# docker ps | grep port
    1f7d22a9a8a5   portainer/portainer-ce:linux-amd64-2.16.0       "/portainer"             3 days ago     Up 3 days             0.0.0.0:8000->8000/tcp, :::8000->8000/tcp, 0.0.0.0:9000->9000/tcp, :::9000->9000/tcp, 9443/tcp                portainer
    root@openmediavault:~# 

Then to get your volume (again, assuming your container is named portainer)

Code
    docker inspect portainer | grep /data

So my docker volume is "/NAS/AppData/portainer"

Code
    root@openmediavault:~# docker inspect portainer | grep /data
                    "/NAS/AppData/portainer:/data:rw",
                    "Destination": "/data",
                    "/data": {}
    root@openmediavault:~# 
  • if you know actual password, you can change it from Portainer webGUI.

If you do not know actual password, you can uninstall portainer and delete docker volume, then reinstall portainer and start from scratch configuring a new password for first time.

• Did you install portainer with the button in OMV? i assume so.

If you don't know the name of your portainer container, you should be able to find it with this command:

Code

Here my result ...

• if you know actual password, you can change it from Portainer webGUI.

If you do not know actual password, you can uninstall portainer and delete docker volume, then reinstall portainer and start from scratch configuring a new password for first time.

Worked. Thanks.

• Offizieller Beitrag

if you know actual password, you can change it from Portainer webGUI.

Only thing that sucks about doing it that way, is if you use a lot of stacks.. I'm pretty sure you're going to lose the ability to edit them. (I've got about 25)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!