Mounting issues

• Hello, having issues mounting a EXT4 drive when moving from one OMV server to another.

This server holds movies and portainer data

Mounting on graphic interface OR mounting manually doesnt work.

OMV server side error reads

I put drive back into old server and it will mount fine, i also checked for errors and it didnt come up with any.

running lsblk -f shows the drive but absolutely no details as if theres nothing on the drive

blkid doesnt show the drive at all

The hard drive shows up under DISKS

not selectable in FILE SYSTEM

smartctl didnt report any issue with the drive

reinstalling OMV on new server causes the same issue!

DRIVE WORKS absolutely fine by reinstalling the drive in previous used openmediavault server (both are omv6, and running any of the commands mentioned above drive shows up fine.

• In the output you have posted there is an I/O error that suggests that wherever the drive is being plugged into it's unable to read it, so this could be hardware related

I have figured out a temporary fix

this device has USB 3 and USB 2 ports.

The drive is a POWERED hard drive however...

moving to a usb 2 port and it works without issue...

ideally need to figure out a solution to use usb3 port

• Offizieller Beitrag

moving to a usb 2 port and it works without issue...

ideally need to figure out a solution to use usb3 port

This has come up on the forum before but I've no idea how you'd search for a solution, are both servers different

• This has come up on the forum before but I've no idea how you'd search for a solution, are both servers different

Both are lower powered mini PCS but two different brands unfortunately. I do know these ports can lack a bit of power typically but its weird that its causing issue with this being a powered hard drive...

its a bit weird that the USB 3 port isnt powerful enough but the usb 2 port is fine..

The two hard drives i used were both WD and similar model the one that wouldnt work on usb 3 is 10tb (ext 4)

the 8tb drive would work on usb 3 no problem (XFS)

• Offizieller Beitrag

The two hard drives i used were both WD and similar model the one that wouldnt work on usb 3 is 10tb (ext 4)

I doubt very much it's related to the filesystem, the fact that the drive works on one sbc usb3 and not the other would suggest either there is a power issue on the sbc where it doesn't work on usb3, which I agree makes no sense as the drive is powered. Or, the other option is that both sbc's have different chipset's for their usb connectivity.

You could try lspci -v the -v option makes it more readable, you could also install lshw -> apt install lshw then run lshw be warned this throws out a lot of output

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!