OMV asks for login each time

• Hey, I have an issue with a clean OMV6 installation. Whenever I open a new browser/new tab, OMV asks for credentials to login.

E.g - Open browser, nagivate to OMV, login, open a new tab, navigate to OMV - it will ask for credentials even though the previous tab is still connected and works with no issues.

I thought it's an issue with my OMV6 but I just installed OMV6 using the installation script on a clean raspbian system and it still happens, starting to wonder if this might be a bug with the latest version or something? Or perhaps that's the expected behavior? (I didn't remember that it was like this)

Possibly cookies/session storage/local storage issues?

Not really sure and really confused, would love to get some input.

Thanks.

• Mine works the same way. I'd be surprised it wasn't the same experience for everyone.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Not sure if it ever worked any differently. I have tried on and off for years to have it just automatically log me in, but no luck.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• The closest I have gotten is having the browser already know the username and password and filling those in for me. I still have to press the Login button.

--

• Your best bet might be to disable the lockout timer, and it might stop logging you out. I recently did it, and even when tabbing over to another browser, it doesn't log me out.

• Your best bet might be to disable the lockout timer, and it might stop logging you out. I recently did it, and even when tabbing over to another browser, it doesn't log me out.

I already tried that tbh. So for you it does work properly as I thought it should?

• votdev

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • Auth data is now stored in the browser session storage instead of locale storage. This has the consequence that a new tab can not access the session data of another tab. This has been done because of security.

When did this change happen? I started to think I'm going mad ?(

Is there any way to change this behavior though?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!