overlay mount

• I want to combine a couple of directories to a single 'read only' view. I think overlayfs (now a mount command option) should work. Is there any way to configure this in OMV GUI?

I've had a good look, but cannot find anything relevant. Is there a way of setting this up in the GUI?

• Ah, got it. Had another look at creating a new 'merge' in mergerfs plug-in and Filesystems are not the only possible source. I can add folders (shared or otherwise). So that all looks like I can do what I need.

I have to say that this aspect of the OMV GUI is visually hard to grasp. The lines across the 'page' as first glance appear to delineate different sections, each with description and data entry (text or drop down), but in fact each section 'straddles' the line, with no clear distinction between one section and the next. OMV is terrific, but this is not good interface design. Sorry, I have done a fair bit of interface design/development myself over the years and this aspect of the GUI is a terrible design and makes it hard to grasp what is connected to what and in this case obscured from me what I had previously been looking for. There needs to be a clear distinction between each section, keeping Name, Value and Description in a clearly defined group, and easily distinguishable from other sections.

Anyway, thanks for the prod to look at mergerfs again.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have to say that this aspect of the OMV GUI is visually hard to grasp.

This document should clarify all aspects of mergerfs. If this is not the case, you can say so or propose improvements.

omv6:omv6_plugins:mergerfs [omv-extras.org]

( crashtest )

• This document should clarify all aspects of mergerfs. If this is not the case, you can say so or propose improvements.

https://wiki.omv-extras.org/do…mv6:omv6_plugins:mergerfs

( crashtest )

That's not really what I was saying. The way OMV presents much of its configuration uses the same visual style and as I have explained above, it does not make clear what information belongs to which 'section'. Yes, If I study it and look closely I can figure it out, but good interface design would make this all obvious at first glance. In truth it is not hard to make clear what relates to what and OMV is somewhat obscure in this regard.

This is not a 'complaint' as such as I really appreciate what OMV provides and enables for me, but should be taken as constructive criticism.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!