Syncing user accounts to other omv server

• I am currently trying to build a multi server cluster,

one functionality i am looking to integrate is centralized user accounts/permissions for the omv web page as well as smb users.

For the linux users the obvious thing would be to use ldap or sth (or just syncng /etc/shadow & passwd & group :p )

but as far as i know omv also has its own account system for the webgui and smb.

Where are the omv user accounts stored?

Is it file based or in a database?

Thinking of using a centralized database / sync the files between the servers,

do you think this will work, anyone already tried this?

thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

You could sync the files you need, for usernames and passwords you need to do it. You can also copy parts of config.xml from one server to another and then apply the omv-salt deploy run [modules] on the corresponding modules in each case. Each section of config.xml requires applying different modules. omv-regen is based precisely on that, it can serve as a model for what you want by choosing the parts you need. A simple bash script does it.

omv-regen/omv-regen.sh at master · xhente/omv-regen
    Do you need to backup or restore the OMV configuration? This is the solution. - xhente/omv-regen
    github.com

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!