NAS terminal

• KM0201

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Could I add the terminal menu in OMV Web GUI?

for running the program in NAS. (Installed OMV OS)

No, your best option is the wetty plugin, which will allow you to run SSH in another browser tab. The "shellinabox" plugin you might be seeing in old videos, has been gone for years.

Or just set up a regular SSH session (putty or powershell if you're using windows, or basically any linux terminal client if you're using Linux)

• KM0201

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Well you've clearly installed it on two different servers (or at least two different hostnames)... What's the specs on the two servers.. .the wetty plugin is only available for amd64... so if it's a Pi or some other SBC, you'll need to install the official wetty docker app.

The error suggests you don't have root login enabled... but that's strictly a guess w/o more details.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm curious, what creates this dependance?

Not really sure the why's. Last I checked, , all I can tell you is the wetty plugin runs on Podman, and the Podman wetty container is only available for amd64 on OMV.

If you want to install wetty, and you have docker installed on your pi/other sbc.... It's quite simple and there's multiple images.

Docker

So to install, you will need to have docker on whatever device you're running

SSH your server, :)

Execute the following command as root/sudo

Code
    docker run --restart=always --name=wetty -p 2222:3000 wettyoss/wetty --ssh-host=192.168.x.xxx -b

Only adjustment you need to make is 192.168.x.xxx , set that to your server IP.

The -b switch isn't 100% necessary unless you want to reverse proxy wetty through your domain with swag. I do, so I always use it.

Hit enter and let wetty download and start.

When it's done installing, close your SSH session, and in a browser go to your-ip:2222 and you should get the wetty login. If you didn't use the -b switch as I suggested, I believe you access wetty at server-ip:2222/wetty

If you want to know how to reverse proxy it through swag, it's very easy, just let me know.

• When it's done installing, close your SSH session, and in a browser go to your-ip:2222 and you should get the wetty login. If you didn't use the -b switch as I suggested, I believe you access wetty at server-ip:2222/wetty

UGH! I pooched the install by not putting in the correct IP address so of course I can't access Wetty. Can you point to the place where the IP can be edited?

7.0.5-1 (Sandworm)

Processor Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.5

Linux 6.6.20+rpt-rpi-v8

• Offizieller Beitrag

UGH! I pooched the install by not putting in the correct IP address so of course I can't access Wetty. Can you point to the place where the IP can be edited?

The easiest thing, would just be to stop the container and remove it. As root or sudo, execute the two commands below

docker stop wetty

docker rm wetty

Then run the command again with the proper IP

• Well that seems like a lot of work just to change the IP address. I may change my address on occasion and hate to go through this every time. (Yes, I am whining.)

7.0.5-1 (Sandworm)

Processor Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.5

Linux 6.6.20+rpt-rpi-v8

• Offizieller Beitrag

Well that seems like a lot of work just to change the IP address. I may change my address on occasion and hate to go through this every time. (Yes, I am whining.)

A lot of work? LOL. It's literally 3 commands. You realize to change the IP address, you'd probably have to run at least 2.

The container has no configuration, so you're not losing anything. What you're doing is beyond whining, it's borderline ridiculous. You go randomly changing your IP address on your server... your 3 steps, just probably went to about 10-12, as you start remapping SMB/NFS shares, bookmarking your services again, if you're using dashboard widgets you're going to have to set them all up again.

Regardless of how you feel about updating the IP on wetty (there's probably another way, that's just easiest)... I'm more curious why you'd want to just change your IP on occasion? I've had the same server IP across a few builds for like 13yrs. This keeps me from having to reconfigure clients, bookmarks, etc.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!