Noob - Is JBOD possible WITHOUT using mergerfs or unionfs?, if not, what is best/closest storage setup those FS?

• I want to build a JBOD box (PC w-SATA ports) that is purely JBOD, from what i read, it would not work unless i use MergerFS or UnionFS which i am not familiar with.

i would like the system to be resilient to disk removal (Not hot swap).

Thanks

• crashtest

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

You can set up "logical volumes" which can combine individual disks but, as it is with anything, there's a small learning curve involved.

On the other hand, there's no reason why you can't use individual data disks. Add your disks and assign network shares to each disk as you see fit.

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I wouldn't mount disks with OMV then. OMV expects disks to be there.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I want to build a JBOD box (PC w-SATA ports) that is purely JBOD, from what i read, it would not work unless i use MergerFS or UnionFS which i am not familiar with.

Thanks

Here is how I have done it.

Build a JBOD box that contains a PC power supply, power supply shorting plug, SATA disks, a set of breakout cables to connect the disks to a dual port SFF-8088 to SFF-8087 adapter.

Then install a PCiE external host adapter into your OMV server. Connect this card to the JBOD box with a pair of SFF-8088 to SFF-8088 cables.

Once it is all hooked up and running the disks in the JBOD box will appear in OMV as individual disks.

See: RE: Advice/experiences multiple HDD enclosure

If you don't want to build a JBOD box, you can buy one, but they can be expensive.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von gderf ()

• This post

Is about a 5 drive enclosure that can do JDBO, RAID or individual disks. Combine it with an SBC and you have OMV system.

Inwin MS04 case with 315 W PSU

ASUS Prime H310i-Plus R2.0 board

Two port PCI-E SATA card

16GB Kingston DDR4

Intel Pentium Coffee Lake G5400 CPU

Samsung Evo M.2 256GB OS drive

4x4TB WD Red NAS drives + 1x4TB + 1x5TB Seagate drives - MergerFS pool

Seagate 5TB USB drives - SnapRAID parity x 2

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!