Internal Server error 500 - Connection lost

• I have put my origin problems into a spoiler since I progressed since yesterday. I was running OMV5, installed a 10GB NIC X540-T2 and ran into problems.

Today I decided to go for a release upgrade. I just did that, had a small upgrade journey:

Code
      491  apt update -y
      492  apt upgrade -y
      494  dpkg -i --force-all /var/cache/apt/archives/firmware-ath9k-htc_1.4.0-108-gd856466+dfsg1-1.3~bpo11+1_all.deb
      495  apt upgrade -y
      496  apt autoremove
      497  apt update -y
      498  apt upgrade -y
      499  omv-upgrade
      500  reboot now
      501  omv-firstaid

now after update it seems like the base of omv6 is working fine. I saw omv-extras 6.3.1 is installed according to plugins. I tried to install kvm 6.2.16 and was able to start some VMs again, which was one problem I had before. But next I try to install portainer and that should be under omv-extras tab but there is only a message saying 'install openmediavault-compose to provide docker functionality'

When I try to install this plugin after a while I get 'error 500 - internal server error - failed to read from socket: connection reset by peer' then the plugin shows installed after browser refresh but no 'config-change-apply' popup so I guess config was not applied and therefore there is still no docker thingy in omv-extras tab. not sure how to continue here, any help appreciated

• I tried reinstalling on another ssd but failed at the hardware detection screen freeze. wow, that is still a thing in 2023 :( I tried several usb sticks andports but no luck, I gave up on that.

I could not find any info on troubleshooting the KVM plugin. I tried reinstalling in plugins menu. no luck.

I asked chatgGPT how to troubleshoot. this is what I found but was not able to fix:

• fk1

Hat den Titel des Themas von „since 10GB NIC installation some things stopped working“ zu „Internal Server error 500 - Connection lost“ geändert.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

This is a good guide for the release-upgrade from OMV5 to OMV6

• Hi, I had a similar issue and it turned out when I changed to a static IP address, I forgot to add a DNS server, when back into the interfaces screen and added a DNS and the bottom on the page. Restarted the system and the issue resolved itself.

Hope this may help...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!