Transmission Plugin

• On your system you have the following folder :

/var/cache/apt/archives

In this folder you will find most debian packaged previously installed. Among them there should be :
    openmediavault-transmissionbt_0.3.6~1.gbpc96991_all.deb
    Or an earlier version. Then you can install it just as any plugin. Be sure to first uninstall the previous one.

You can also try to download the previous plugin somehow but i don't know where the repository is exactly.
    The above is just an hint of how to do it. Please don't do something if you don't know what your actually doing :)

• thanks for info!..but i could need some more tips ^^

i already uninstalled via:
    "apt-get remove transmission-cli transmission-common"

now i tried:
    "sudo dpkg -i /var/cache/apt/archives/openmediavault-transmissionbt_0.4~1.gbpfb7cc7_all.deb"

..but that fails :(

• The openmediavault-transmissionbt has nothing to do with the transmission-cli transmission-common transmission-daemon Packages.

Code
    apt-get remove transmission-cli transmission-common transmission-daemon

Download the Version you want to use from: http://packages.omv-plugins.org/pool/main/t/transmission/
    You need those three packages: transmission-cli transmission-common transmission-daemon

Install them with dpkg -i
  • Marcel.Beck: Just curious, but why not fixing the version of transmission with the Transmission plugin. It would be more reliable if a specific plugin package only download a very specific version of transmission. Sure you will have to maintain the plugin everytime transmission is updated, but at least you would be able to guarantee that the plugin will install perfectly no mater how transmission is updated.

On the same topic, do you have some kind of documentation or guidelines to build your own plugin ?

I'm planning to take a look at the transmission plugin and see if it's possible to include some help for the folder permissions (giving R/W access to transmission for the download target folder selected by user).

Also curious to see if i can't build a simple XBMC plugin to ease the process.

• Thats now how packages works.

I am not going to include any version, or force any version.
    Some Users need an older version, someone else wants the newest...
    If you do not want to use the newest version, just do not use the donald/glass repository.

If some one thinks he must use donald/glass, he should know how to solve the issues which can happen.

No, i do not have any documentation or guidelines to build a plugin.
    You can request those changes @github

• THANK YOU!

Zitat von "Marcel.Beck"

The openmediavault-transmissionbt has nothing to do with the transmission-cli transmission-common transmission-daemon Packages.

Code
    apt-get remove transmission-cli transmission-common transmission-daemon

Download the Version you want to use from: http://packages.omv-plugins.org/pool/main/t/transmission/
    You need those three packages: transmission-cli transmission-common transmission-daemon

Install them with dpkg -i
  • any idea why i can't set the Shared Folger under "Services->BitTorrent->Server->Settings->Files and Locations->Download" anymore ? If i save the change and then reload..The Shared folder is still "empty"..
    Other settings changes (except all directory changes under Files and Locations) are working fine..
    is there any logfile i can check ?

• Hi :)

i manually installed transmission 2.73 deb packages (daemon/cli/common/libssl/multiarch-support) from http://http.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/t/transmission/

but something went wrong ^^

when i try to: apt-get -f install

any idea what to do now?

• I'm getting the same issues with Transmission as someone else on this thread. I cannot actually save the settings in the webgui on the folder page. I change the download folder and click save and it doesnt do anything. I go to a diff page "peer" for example and save works fine. but it doesnt save what was in the files and locations page.

as such i cannot seem to download more than about 1mb of torrent before it stops and will not start again due to some permissions issues.

please help. I've removed transmission and reinstalled a number of times now.

• Hi,

I am running transmission from the external plugins list

install your plugin container from here http://omv-plugins.org/ for 0.4
    Then when refreshing you see a world icon from OVM-plugins.org in your list, click on it and activate the Donald repository (be sure you know this is an unstable repo).
    This will give you access to Transmission 2.42

more info here: http://forums.openmediavault.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4

If you want a higher version you can activate the glass repo but....

Glass repository contains following packages (Including hopefully all deps for i386 and amd64)
    Beware: the Glass repository can mess up your system

If you activate glass and go back to Update Manager you see you will have to install also a lot of libraries so if you go this path be sure to have a backup plan.
    The transmission version now in Glass Repo is transmission 2.61-1

• Zitat von "thefunkygibbon"

I'm getting the same issues with Transmission as someone else on this thread. I cannot actually save the settings in the webgui on the folder page. I change the download folder and click save and it doesnt do anything. I go to a diff page "peer" for example and save works fine. but it doesnt save what was in the files and locations page.

as such i cannot seem to download more than about 1mb of torrent before it stops and will not start again due to some permissions issues.

please help. I've removed transmission and reinstalled a number of times now.

You need to select a folder for Incomplete and Watch, even if you do not enable them. Its annoying ...

• Hi sorry to be a muppet.

I have searched google and the OMV website, both of which seem to imply that bittorrent is built in, but I do not see it in the GUI, neither can I find a way to install it.

Could someone point me some instructions, that would be great!

• Check plugins - Transmission

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!