Raid is not conectet to OMV

• Hi i have a OMV with 4 Raid 1

md0pX is System

md126 and md127 are to store Data

aditional there is a md1 but it in not avalible i think there is an mismatch by the naming i have 2 of openmediavault:1

What is hapend and how can i fix this?

• Now the Raid is still Mounted but the filesystem is still missing.

I think the problem are the name in The RAID both have the name "openmediavault:1"

But how can i rename this.
    It seems to be the share folder "AUDIO" on the missing filesystem ist aktiv

Somebody a idea where i have to search for a fix?

• I've got the same problem after installing a new version of OMV. But also I noticed something very interesting. Yesterday when I was trying to solve a problem it was a B letter for my disk with OS according to lsblk. Today the letter is C. When I installed OMV for a first time three yeas ago the letter was A.

• Got it, thanks.
    But my problem still exists. My linear RAID is not visible in web GUI and I can't do anything. However all disk are visible in DISKS and SMART shows GOOD for each one.
    The only place where I can see it is Storage/Software RAID. In Storage/Fle system there is only OMV disk

• Offizieller Beitrag

Suggest to open a new thread and post the problem and the information mentioned here:

• Offizieller Beitrag

I've got the same problem after installing a new version of OMV. But also I noticed something very interesting. Yesterday when I was trying to solve a problem it was a B letter for my disk with OS according to lsblk. Today the letter is C. When I installed OMV for a first time three yeas ago the letter was A.

This is normal. The kernel assigns the device names according to first come first serve. That's the reason why OMV is using and forcing predictable device names to do not run into problems with changing device names.

• Thanks for your replies, votdev!
    The system is still 6 not the 7

root@******:~# cat /proc/mdstat

Personalities : [linear] [multipath] [raid0] [raid1] [raid6] [raid5] [raid4] [raid10]

md0 : active linear sda[2] sdd[3] sdc[0] sdb[1]

10743785952 blocks super 1.2 0k rounding

unused devices: <none>

• I upgraded the system to 7 and installed openvediavault-md plugin. Unfortunately the situation is just the same. RAID is visible only in Storage/Multiple devices. That's all.

By the way, I can't see OMV-md plugin anywhere

• Hey, Yustbeyourself! Did you solve a problem with your RAID?

No, i have still the problem

What is the output of cat /proc/mdstat

Please post the output of blkid

I still searching for the problem !

• Suggest to open a new thread and post the problem and the information mentioned here:

cat /proc/mdstat

blkid

In This Output i MISSING "md1"

Code
    root@openmediavault:/# blkid | grep md1
    /dev/md127: UUID="a13b9b2b-2ab7-4b6d-9518-7a1a4aab7460" BLOCK_SIZE="4096" TYPE="ext4"
    /dev/md126: UUID="ffe7557f-f3bc-41be-b8ab-c5b71838e53d" BLOCK_SIZE="4096" TYPE="ext4"
    root@openmediavault:/# blkid | grep md1:
    root@openmediavault:/# 

fdisk -l | grep "Disk "

cat /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf

mdadm --detail --scan --verbose

Code
    root@openmediavault:/# mdadm --detail --scan --verbose
    ARRAY /dev/md/openmediavault:1 level=raid1 num-devices=2 metadata=1.2 name=openmediavault:1 UUID=e8813293:c748ef06:59ba08ab:abec093c   devices=/dev/sdb,/dev/sde
    ARRAY /dev/md0 level=raid1 num-devices=2 metadata=0.90 UUID=e4729b4d:e3a682a4:edd8d016:611227ea   devices=/dev/sdg,/dev/sdi
    ARRAY /dev/md/openmediavault:1 level=raid1 num-devices=2 metadata=1.2 name=openmediavault:1 UUID=e8813293:c748ef06:59ba08ab:abec093c   devices=/dev/sdb,/dev/sde
    ARRAY /dev/md/openmediavault:0 level=raid1 num-devices=2 metadata=1.2 name=openmediavault:0 UUID=89fa9f64:c5edca5b:f11926b9:b826a1ae   devices=/dev/sdf,/dev/sdh

In this Output are two times "openmediavault:1" with the same UUID, but i dont know why and i dont know how to change this?

Code
    root@openmediavault:/# mdadm --detail --scan --verbose | grep openmediavault:1
    ARRAY /dev/md/openmediavault:1 level=raid1 num-devices=2 metadata=1.2 name=openmediavault:1 UUID=e8813293:c748ef06:59ba08ab:abec093c
    ARRAY /dev/md/openmediavault:1 level=raid1 num-devices=2 metadata=1.2 name=openmediavault:1 UUID=e8813293:c748ef06:59ba08ab:abec093c
    root@openmediavault:/# mdadm --detail --scan --verbose | grep openmediavault:2

I tried to understand the Config.xml

but without succes :/

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!