Many issues(FIXED!!!!)

• I was updating my system and was getting "cannot resolve" against debian.org and openmediavault repositories, I attempted to fix those issues and in the process of doing that docker tried to update and docker wouldn't reinstall. I gave up for the night and came back the next morning and could no longer reach the omv page so I rebooted and got nothing.

My setup is a 4 BAY FreeNAS mini which has been running flawlessly until the recent update issues. I currently have a monitor and keyboard hooked up to it and the system boots into cli, I can log in as root and my user account but not as admin. If I try to run omv-firstaid i get command not found to make matters worse I have no network connection.

I'm in the process of backing up all my data before I attempt any repairs so I don't lose anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I really don't know where to go from here. I know this is a huge generalization but like I said I'm lost and don't know where to look for answers or what to do at this point.

Thanks

omv 6.9.8-1 Shaitan | 64 bit | kernel Linux 6.1.0-06.1.0-0Linux 6.1.0-0

plugins :: omvextrasorg 6.3.1 | docker | photoprism | ssh |Wetty |SMB

• macom

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Sounds like you just needed to set dns servers in your network config. What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep openme

omv 7.4.2-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.14 | compose 7.2.1 | k8s 7.2.0-1 | cputemp 7.0.2 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.8

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Your picture cuts off the install status column on the left that I really wanted.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.14 | compose 7.2.1 | k8s 7.2.0-1 | cputemp 7.0.2 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.8

• Offizieller Beitrag

That explains it. Something you did uninstalled the openmediavault package itself. If your system can't access the internet, you can't reinstall the package. It would be easiest to reinstall from ISO.

• So you I'll have to rebuild from scratch, or will I be able to reinstall and keep my config? Could I mount the ISO and use that to fix it, I have no idea how that could have happened, I've never had anything like this happen before.

• Offizieller Beitrag

will I be able to reinstall and keep my config?

If you could fix the networking, you could probably just apt-get install openmediavault Look at /var/log/apt/history.log and /var/log/apt/term.log if you want to know what happened.

• tried that, i get command not found that's why I had asked about mounting the ISO

• Offizieller Beitrag

get command not found that's why I had asked about mounting the ISO

Edit the files in /etc/netplan. Then run netplan apply.

• Well thanks again for trying but that does nothing, I'm going to unplug all my drives and reinstall OMV5 and then plug in all my drives and try to restore from backup. If that works i'll upgrade and go from there I don't know what else to do.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Well thanks again for trying but that does nothing,

You didn't even ask for help. Editing the netplan files followed by netplan apply will 100% work if done correctly. I do it all the time. What did you change?

• i changed the ip address and default gateway to match the router settings I have it connected to currently, and I changed ipv4 from no to yes.

Then I "systemctl restart netplan" and when I run ip addr I still don't get an ip address from the router.

I even booted from a debian usb and my onboard NIC works but the 2.5g card didn't. I'll add pictures of the .yaml files.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Then I "systemctl restart netplan" and when I run ip addr I still don't get an ip address from the router

So, you didn't use netplan apply like I mentioned? Your first sentence, you said you change the ip address and default gateway which sounds like a static ip. Then you say the server didn't get an ip address from the router which is dhcp. What did your netplan yaml file look like?

• Offizieller Beitrag

no i didn't "netplan apply" I assumed restarting would reload, sorry for that.

I just tried "netplan apply" and i get "command not found" just like when i run omv-firstaid

If you aren't logged in as root, a regular user wouldn't find the netplan command without sudo in front of it.

You netplan file is invalid. You are telling it use a static ip and dhcp at the same time. Change it to:

Code
    network:
      ethernets:
        enp7s0:
          dhcp4: yes
          dhcp6: no

and then run:

sudo netplan --debug generate

sudo netplan apply

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!