Proxmox OMV LXC install: Can't pass through shared pool storage

• Hi everyone

Having just completed an LXC install on proxmox for OMV, it's working.. But, I can't seem to pass any shared pool storage to OMV.

How on earth do I do this, please? The whole point behind this shared pool storage (ceph incidentally) is it's available across many containers.

I have gone as far as to setup a mount point (mp0)

thanks

• chente

Approved the thread.
    • Official Post

OMV doesn't work correctly in LXC.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.7 | compose 7.0.8 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.2

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Official Post

What doesn't work well, is it at a system level, or just some features?

OMV expects real/virtualized disks (shocking since it is a NAS). LXC doesn't provide those.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.7 | compose 7.0.8 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.2

• OMV expects real/virtualized disks (shocking since it is a NAS). LXC doesn't provide those.

Yea, think I just ran into that issue (as above). I 'think' I just discovered a workaround (the link), but need more time to figure it out.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

I 'think' I just discovered a workaround (the link)

Just to warn you, it won't be supported. The disks are just the main thing that causes an issue. OMV is expecting hardware (real or virtualized) in other areas that LXC doesn't provide. The was part of my motivation to write the kvm plugin so you wouldn't need proxmox and would still have VMs and LXC containers all in the OMV web interface.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!