Unable to activate wireguard tunnel

• I was able to create it (I had to not mark it as enabled, as marking it as enabled while doing this failed) when after creating it, and trying to enable it:

and

systemctl will come in a reply (Too many chars)

• And although I read the log files enough to know you needed this, the rest is not something I can understand.

Code
  • Yes, the port 51830 is expected. I am trying to "move" wireguard to OMV, so I can decommission my old wireguard server. (Will be creating all new peers)

Code
    [Interface]
    Address = 10.192.1.254/24

SaveConfig = true
    ListenPort = 51830
    PrivateKey = <redacted>
    PostUp = iptables -A FORWARD -i %i -j ACCEPT; iptables -A FORWARD -o %i -j ACCEPT; iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o enp0s25 -j MASQUERADE
    PostDown = iptables -D FORWARD -i %i -j ACCEPT; iptables -D FORWARD -o %i -j ACCEPT; iptables -t nat -D POSTROUTING -o enp0s25 -j MASQUERADE
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Run these two commands one after the other.

systemctl status wg-quick@wgnet1.service

journalctl -xe

Then look for any errors in the result. Errors usually appear in red. Post anything you find. Make sure you do not publish confidential information, passwords, domains, etc.

• This one is different than the last one.. Nothing secret here:

And then

• Offizieller Beitrag

The result should be much longer. Press the Page Back and Page Down keys to move forward and backward through the result.

• What one should be longer? As they are in fact not.. I shall do them again, and post the output including the end prompt so you can see.

In that one, you can see the whole login, and the prompt at the end where it is finished..

And the other command. Well is is filled with errors. Mostly from proftpd, but when I did a " journalctl -xe >log.txt" the resulting file was 123 KB... And with no color in the txt file.. I have no idea what are errors, etc...

I have however scanned through it, and I THINK the part you want is this:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Linux shadownas 5.4.203-1-pve

That kernel is very old. I suspect that Wireguard is not in that kernel or is causing some problem.

You should install a more modern kernel. Or have you simply not rebooted your system in a while and just need to do a reboot?

• If my memory serves I was having additional issues with newer kernels, but can't recall what. I am getting ready to head out on vacation in the next couple of weeks, and don't have the time to devote to the system if the system does end up going haywire due to a kernel update. So I think I will put this on the back burner until I return at the end of Jan. I will try updating the kernel then, and return back here if I still have issues.

• Offizieller Beitrag

If my memory serves I was having additional issues with newer kernels, but can't recall what.

If this happened a long time ago, it may already be resolved. Kernels receive updates regularly.

• Oh yes, I am sure. But I can't risk bringing down my file server before my trip. Because then I can't access my files, lol :) I will look into upgrading when I get back so I can deal with some down time if it occures.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!