Network folder on windows not opening when setting different DNS Server

• Hi,

I am in the following situation: I have a home server with many programs running. Now I am also using pihole and therefore want to set a different DNS-Server to get all the traffic and filter it. But whenever I change the router settings so that I want to use another IP as DNS-Server, I am not able anymore to connect to the SMB-Folders in OpenMediaVault. I am still able to reach omv GUI via browser and port( i don`t run it on the default port, but instead 8090 so that incoming requests to the server go to the pihole which directs all the requestss to the nginx proxy manager to resolve self-defined dns names). I was wondering if someone faced the same problem and could tell me why this is not working... I get the error code 0x80070035

Thanks,

Joe

• macom

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • You have to alter some settings for openmediavault, too. In your OMV-Dashboard at "Network-Adapter" you have to point your ipV4 to the corresponding DNS-Server, that is although in use by your pi-hole!

Click on your network adapter an "edit" it, scroll down to "DNS Server" and add your ip-credentials of your DNS-Server!

DE | EN; 81er Jahrgang Spätlese, OMV Bastler, erfahrener PC-Geek, Linux begeistert, mag alles was Strom oder Netzwerk braucht 8o

• Offizieller Beitrag

I am in the following situation: I have a home server with many programs running. Now I am also using pihole and therefore want to set a different DNS-Server to get all the traffic and filter it. But whenever I change the router settings so that I want to use another IP as DNS-Server, I am not able anymore to connect to the SMB-Folders in OpenMediaVault. I am still able to reach omv GUI via browser and port( i don`t run it on the default port, but instead 8090 so that incoming requests to the server go to the pihole which directs all the requestss to the nginx proxy manager to resolve self-defined dns names). I was wondering if someone faced the same problem and could tell me why this is not working... I get the error code 0x80070035

Have you installed pihole in docker? If that is the case have you configured a vlan?

Pihole uses port 53, this conflicts with OMV which also needs port 53. This is solved by vlan networking easily this way. https://wiki.omv-extras.org/do…_the_same_lan_as_the_host

• macom

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!