Set SSL path to letsencrypt path

• Hi. I use letsencrypt for my domain, and I automatically renew it when needed. I have updated some packages on OMV recently and it seems like OMV defaults the nginx ssl certificates to the one I initially set up in the SSL through the GUI which is outdated and I wasn't able to access the web interface because of that.

I have updated it manually in the nginx config and it now works fine, but since my letsencrypt certificate path isn't changing, is it possible to tell OMV the static path to the SSL certificate instead of adding it manually each time?

Thanks.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You shouldn't change the nginx config since OMV owns it and will overwrite any changes you make.

If you create an ssl cert in the web interface, that will create a uuid you can get from the OMV database (/etc/openmediavault/config.xml).

Then you could call my script (https://github.com/ryecoaaron/…/blob/main/update_cert.sh) from the certbot renewal script with arguments like:

/usr/local/bin/update_cert.sh ab55642a-ce66-11ee-936d-1f9ecc181dec /etc/letsencrypt/live/domain.com/cert.pem /etc/letsencrypt/live/domain.com/privkey.pem

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Saw that previously, was sort of hoping for a possible permanent solution, but I guess that's fine enough.

• Offizieller Beitrag

was sort of hoping for a possible permanent solution

How is that not permanent? I have been using it for a few years for exactly this case.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!