Anyone use bitwarden in docker?

• Ive been looking at it and there compose is insane.

I have no idea where to even start to select my own paths. Docker check fails on the default compose. Anyone use it and had success?

Plugins - compose, cputemp, omv-extras, sharerootfs.

Drives - 1tb nvme Data, 2TB nvme Leeching, 24TB (8tbx 3 merg) Media,

Docker - nginx-proxy-manager, plex, prowlarr, qbittorrentvpn, radarr, sonarr, watchtower.

• Yeah, their "full deploy" has been daunting to use for a while. I used their deploy script to deploy it on a dedicated VM, just to avoid the gigantic compose.

They have had a new "unified container" out in beta for almost a year, which restricts the deploy to 2 containers (bitwarden + db). Check the documentation page and the issues status page. I'd suggest trying either that or (if you're not using many of the enterprise features) vaultwarden.

• Yeah, their "full deploy" has been daunting to use for a while. I used their deploy script to deploy it on a dedicated VM, just to avoid the gigantic compose.

They have had a new "unified container" out in beta for almost a year, which restricts the deploy to 2 containers (bitwarden + db). Check the documentation page and the issues status page. I'd suggest trying either that or (if you're not using many of the enterprise features) vaultwarden.

Aye I was thinking about that also. Ill run in it in a KVM. Cheers

Docker - nginx-proxy-manager, plex, prowlarr, qbittorrentvpn, radarr, sonarr, watchtower.

• Vaultwarden is easy to setup in docker.

How so? Do you use NPM with it?

• Doesn't look like there is an option for NPM.

Proxy examples
    Unofficial Bitwarden compatible server written in Rust, formerly known as bitwarden_rs - dani-garcia/vaultwarden
    github.com

• Got it working thanks looks good

• BlueCoffee

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

If you want to explore alternatives, I use KePassXC for passwords. Without containers or internet services, you just need to sync a file between your clients any way you want. https://keepassxc.org/

• If you want to explore alternatives, I use KePassXC for passwords. Without containers or internet services, you just need to sync a file between your clients any way you want. https://keepassxc.org/

Ive used keepass for years never liked XC https://keepass.info/

• Offizieller Beitrag

Cool thing is, you can use the same database with Keepass and KeePassXC. We have Keepass at work and I have KeePassXC on my private laptop, so I can use the same database at work and on my home laptop and tablet.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Ive used keepass for years never liked XC https://keepass.info/

Same here, but honestly... It can't hold a candle to Vaultwarden, IMO.

I used KeePass until... probably 3yrs ago, and switched to Vaultwarden. I really like it.

• So ive had ago with vaultwarden and its so anoying with ports. I have many sites like this

10.0.0.222:9483

10.0.0.222:8080

10.0.0.222:1233

10.0.0.222:4556

It seem to think every single 10.0.0.222 is the same and shows me a huge list of logins even tho ive saved the port numbers. Is this normal? Keepass does not do this keep knows the differences of ports.

• Change the url match detention from "default match detection" to "host".

Using URIs | Bitwarden Help Center

• I just switched to OMV and couldn't get it running. It was running before on my old Debian 12 machine,

but I had error messages like this in OMV:

Problem was I had a comment in my /etc/openmediavault/config.xml between the <iptables> flag which I guess is already a known problem from 2014 I had from here Re: [Solved] Error... iptables: 7: -A: not found

So if anyone comes around this problem, this might be your solution.

• error is: failed to create network vaultwarden_default

Please try to use same network that you use in swag

PD: is recomended to use a new bridge network for all your containers.

I use a bridge network called "my-net" on all my containers

documentation: https://docs.docker.com/network/drivers/bridge/

• Are you sure? OMV6 runs on Debian 11 (Bullseye).

Yes! I formatted and reinstalled my machine yesterday. It had (native) Debian 12 before and now OMV 6.

And the error message saying something about vaultwarden_default is saying it like this because it wasn't able to connect to the network where vaultwarden and caddy as my reverse proxy are running in so it creates itself an own network named container_default.

The error was resolved after the iptables entry got fixed and the network is gone.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!