DNS setting in OMV-Firstaid does not transfer to OMV GUI setting

• I found that if I setup a static IP from within OMV-Firstaid, the DNS value does not transfer over to the GUI setup menus.

The reason for using OMV-Firstaid is usually because I fouled something in the static network configuration and usually I am right next to a monitor so I find it handy to just correct my mess-up in OMV-Firstaid. All the settings transfer to the OMV GUI setup except for the DNS. I usually trip over the missing DNS because I can't update the plugins. While it's only an annoyance at this point, early on where the lack of the DNS led to unstable behaviors that led me astray for hours until I figured it out. I think this should be solved so others are not having to figure this out.

Edit - This is on OMV7.

7.0.5-1 (Sandworm)

Processor Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.5

Linux 6.6.20+rpt-rpi-v8

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Barney ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

Cannot confirm this. Just tried on a VM and it works as expected. New IP and DSN server is shown in the GUI in Network >> Interfaces.

Changed from DHCP to static and from static to another static IP.

Did you get any error messages when using omv-firstaid? Did you try if clearing browser cache solved it? Was not needed in my cases, but worth a try.

OMV Version also 7.0-32

• votdev

Hat das Label OMV 7.x (RC1) hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!