Docker does not start automatically after a reboot

• Hi,

I have updated OMV from 6.x to OMV 7.0. Since then, Docker no longer starts automatically after a restart.

A special case of my system is that I have set the Docker path to "/srv/dev-disk-by-label-data/docker/" in the Compose settings.

The directory is a software raid. I already had problems with OMV 6, see:
    Raid directory not available at boot for minidlna and Docker

On OMV 6 I solved this by creating the file override.conf in the directory /etc/systemd/system/docker.service.d with the following content:

Code
    [Unit]
    Requires=mdmonitor.service local-fs.target
    After=mdmonitor.service local-fs.target
    RequiresMountsFor=/srv/dev-disk-by-label-MEDIA

OMV 7 already has the file waitAllMounts.conf which is supposed to do something similar, unfortunately the settings in this file are not sufficient for my software raid.

Any ideas on how I can solve this?

• OMV 7 has automaticly created a systemd drop-in file named waitAllMounts.conf with folowing contend:

This automatic generated drop-in file does not work for me! Docker does not start on reboot.

To solve the problem I replaced the waitAllMounts.conf with my drop-in file from OMV6.

Code
    [Unit]
    Requires=mdmonitor.service local-fs.target
    After=mdmonitor.service local-fs.target
    RequiresMountsFor=/srv/dev-disk-by-label-MEDIA
  • With latest OMV update to version 7.1.0 the waitAllMounts.conf changed again. Now the document has the following content:

Code
    [Unit]
    After=local-fs.target srv-dev\x2ddisk\x2dby\x2dlabel\x2ddata.mount srv-dev\x2ddisk\x2dby\x2duuid\x2dd7f10c17\x2dc5ac\x2d4b65\x2d8836\x2ddf78a41a7242.mount

Rebooting my system get following error message:

Code
    Mai 09 17:51:13 systemd[1]: Starting docker.service - Docker Application Container Engine...
    Mai 09 17:51:13 systemd[1]: docker.service: Deactivated successfully.
    Mai 09 17:51:13 systemd[1]: Stopped docker.service - Docker Application Container Engine.
    Mai 09 17:51:13 systemd[1]: docker.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
    Mai 09 17:51:13 systemd[1]: docker.service: Failed with result 'start-limit-hit'.
    Mai 09 17:51:13 systemd[1]: Failed to start docker.service - Docker Application Container Engine.
    • Neu
    • Offizieller Beitrag

This automatic generated drop-in file does not work for me!

Not sure how it is getting overlay files in the filesystem detection.

To solve the problem I replaced the waitAllMounts.conf with my drop-in file from OMV6.

Create that as a different filename if your system needs different things to wait for.

With latest OMV update to version 7.1.0 the waitAllMounts.conf changed again. Now the document has the following content:

OMV doesn't create that file. The compose plugin does. The new file doesn't look incorrect. I would add your old override as a separate file.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.5

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!