Web UI problem after OMV upgrade 6to7

• System:

Proxmox virtualized, Intel x86

HBA passtrough with ZFS mirror on disks

OMV6 latest (now 7) version with Proxmox kernel

After doing the upgrade to OMV7 I noticed that after server startup I cant open web UI. I need to wait at least 2-3 minutes and than the web UI will be operational.

The problem only shows after a start/reboot of the system.

Got the alert emails with messages:

What steps can I take to remedy this problem?

PS: After update I've also noticed that NUT service was flooding the logs with "UPS unavailable" messages.

The thing is that I did not use NUT for a year (removed it from omvextras after I connected the UPS to the host system). So somehow it got installed in the process of upgrading OMV 6 to 7. I've removed it manually, and now it's OK.

Thanks and kind regards.

• crashtest

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Try

• clearing your browser cache
    • run the fix6to7upgrade script
      wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/installScript/raw/master/fix6to7upgrade | sudo bash
    • run
      sudo omv-salt deploy run phpfpm
      sudo omv-salt deploy run nginx
      sudo systemctl restart nginx
      sudo systemctl restart php8.2-fpm.service
    • and report any error messages you might get
  • This is for the second server, plugin problem

- I did try with the cache cleared before, even used another browser - no good

- Ran the script (no errors), cleared the cache again - no good

- sudo omv-salt deploy run phpfpm (no errors):

Succeeded: 16 (changed=10)

Failed: 0

- sudo omv-salt deploy run nginx (no errors):

Succeeded: 18 (changed=11)

Failed: 0

sudo systemctl restart nginx (no errors)

sudo systemctl restart php8.2-fpm.service (no errors)

Cleared the cache and cookies again, no good.

I then tried to reinstall the iperf3 plugin again to see what will happen, this is the output:

EDIT:

So now I ran the "fix6to7upgrade" script again and refreshed - now its good!

It produced the same output as before, but after a refresh in browser everything looks fine.

Thanks macom !

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von vperas () aus folgendem Grund: Ran the script again

• macom

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • macom

Hat das Label OMV 7.x hinzugefügt.
  • I'm still chasing this, it's not a critical problem since nginx starts after a minute or two, but it's bugging me ^^

• try to find the reason with

systemd-analyze blame

systemd-analyze critical-chain

Output for systemd-analyze blame (redacted to ones above 1sec):

And output for systemd-analyze critical-chain

So the problem is that the server waits for the network to be fully started for some reason, and that's causing the delay.

I'll try to find out the cause.

macom thanks!

EDIT:

User UltimateByte found out the same thing on his end, and offered a workaround: LINK

• Yep, definitely looks like the exact same issue! Glat it worked out for you as well!

Did you change any network interface in the process?

I guess not, so I've updated my guide, as it would rather be an issue related to migration from OMV6 to OMV7.

• Yep, definitely looks like the exact same issue! Glat it worked out for you as well!

Did you change any network interface in the process?

If not, I need to update my guide, as it would rather be an issue related to migration from OMV6 to OMV7.

I use two interfaces in OMV; one for OMV itself and the other (disabled in OMV) for mcvlans under docker.

Under config I just added:

Code
    [Service]
    ExecStart=
    ExecStart=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd-networkd-wait-online --ignore=enp3s0

Thank you for the detailed explanation in your thread - led me in the right direction! :thumbup:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!