Looking for documentation or guidance on installing RAID6 on new OMV 7 server with six identical drives.

• I have installed OMV7 on a new server (SSD device /dev/nvmeOn1) with six identical 12TB drives. I am new to OMV and I am using the web interface.

My goal is to:

Run OMV7 on the SSD. (got this one done)

Use 5 of the 6 drives as a RAID6 array.

Plan to use XFS for the file system (may change my mind).

Use the 6th drive for experimentation and keep it as a spare in case of a drive failure.

In my testing so far:

* Installed OMV7 onto the SSD device /dev/nvmeOn1 using a USB thumb drive

* I can see the six drives. /dev/sda .. /dev/sdf under /Storage/Disks

* I wiped each of the drives to clean them for a fresh start under /Storage/File Systems. I now know they work.

* I can install XFS on each of the drives /dev/sda1../dev/sde1 and mount them under /Storage/FileSystems

What I can't find is way to create RAID arrays in the web menu system. I have searched the menu and do not see it.

Old forum entries talk about using Linux commands to create arrays but one of the features listed for OMV7 is to use the web menu system for this task.

Where should I look for documentation or directions for installing RAID on OMV7?

Here is the /Diagnostics/SystemInformation

Hostname OpenMediaVault.local.home

Version 7.0.4-1 (Sandworm)

Processor Intel(R) Celeron(R) J6413 @ 1.80GHz

Kernel Linux 6.1.0-18-amd64

System Time 3/23/2024, 1:27:12 AM

Uptime 3 hours

Load Average 0.00, 0.00, 0.04

Memory Usage 2.3% of 31.19 GiB

I have also attached a copy of /Diagnostics/Report (aprox 100 pages)

• KM0201

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!