getting 503 error when using web work bench (web gui)

• Hello every one on the forums I usually do not post issues I have here but I was hoping to get some help with my server

I have an error when trying to log in to the web gui it takes the passowrd and then a red bar says that there was a software failure the address bar shows a 503 error

I have checked to make sure the cpu is not maxed out and the server can be reached using ssh I have updated it using the ssh command.

here are the version numbers

ii openmediavault 6.9.14-1 all openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution

ii openmediavault-compose 6.11.3 all OpenMediaVault compose plugin

ii openmediavault-flashmemory 6.2 all folder2ram plugin for openmediavault

ii openmediavault-keyring 1.0.2-2 all GnuPG archive keys of the openmediavault archive

ii openmediavault-omvextrasorg 6.3.6 all OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault

ii openmediavault-resetperms 6.0.3 all Reset Permissions

ii openmediavault-sharerootfs 6.0.3-1 all openmediavault share root filesystem plugin

here is the storage of the root drive /dev/root 7.2G 5.0G 1.9G 74% /

if I run this command dmesg

the only line in red is this

5.995007] systemd[1]: Finished Coldplug All udev Devices.

[ 13.619309] mmc0: Got data interrupt 0x00000002 even though no data operation was in progress.

[ 13.681598] systemd[1]: Starting Helper to synchronize boot up for ifupdown...

I was wondering if any one had suggestions on how to fix this or am I stuck wiping my install and starting over?

• Neu
    • Offizieller Beitrag

if I upgrade to 7 will it work?

Maybe. It is hard to tell why you are getting this error. Is your usb stick old?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• It’s a micro sd card that has been reliable for the last 6 months

I checked the cpu usage when I try to log in and it doesn’t spike or move past 3%. Is there a way to do a disk repair to the root file system on a computer or a self diagnose.

I also ran the omv first aid to make sure all setting are accurate.

I also booted the server with no devices connected and all docker containers shut down.

• Neu
    • Offizieller Beitrag

It’s a micro sd card that has been reliable for the last 6 months

It could be failing especially if you don't have the flashmemory plugin installed and/or docker stuff on the SD card.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I did offload the docker container and the working directory to an external drive and the flash memory plug in is installed.

Thank you for taking the time to respond I appreciate it

• ok just updated to 7 and still getting the same error what's the best way to back up the settings from the server so I can transfer to a new server or is there a log that will help isolate the issue.

• Neu
    • Offizieller Beitrag

what's the best way to back up the settings from the server so I can transfer to a new server

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!