openmediavault-jdownloader Plugin

• Hi, I installed Jd plugin on my odroid xu4 with omv 3 but does not work.
    It does not connect to Myjdownloader and the Information pannel is empty.
    Any suggestions?

Sorry, my english is terrible

• This is my result:
    root@omv:~# systemctl status jdownloader
    ● jdownloader.service - jdownloader
    Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/jdownloader.service; enabled)
    Active: failed (Result: start-limit) since Thu 2017-03-23 07:23:02 CET; 1h 54min ago
    Process: 1259 ExecStart=/usr/bin/java -Djava.awt.headless=true -jar /opt/jdownloader/JDownloader.jar (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
    Main PID: 1259 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Mar 23 07:23:01 omv systemd[1]: Unit jdownloader.service entered failed state.
    Mar 23 07:23:02 omv systemd[1]: jdownloader.service holdoff time over, sche...t.
    Mar 23 07:23:02 omv systemd[1]: Stopping jdownloader...
    Mar 23 07:23:02 omv systemd[1]: Starting jdownloader...
    Mar 23 07:23:02 omv systemd[1]: jdownloader.service start request repeated ...t.
    Mar 23 07:23:02 omv systemd[1]: Failed to start jdownloader.
    Mar 23 07:23:02 omv systemd[1]: Unit jdownloader.service entered failed state.
    Hint: Some lines were ellipsized, use -l to show in full.

Thanks

• Now the service is running but Infomation Panel and web interface are empty and Myjdownloader says "no connected Jdownloader found"
    root@omv:~# systemctl status jdownloader
    ● jdownloader.service - jdownloader
    Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/jdownloader.service; enabled)
    Active: active (running) since Thu 2017-03-23 14:45:54 CET; 39min ago
    Main PID: 25417 (java)
    CGroup: /system.slice/jdownloader.service
    └─25417 /usr/bin/java -Djava.awt.headless=true -jar /opt/jdownloader/JDownloader.jar

• All you guys seem to have the same problem. My guess is that the limit of 20% cpu rate is holding the update back and therefore the jdownloader won't work properly. My solution to this would be to deactivate the jdownloader in the gui and do the update manually. That means connecting to the server via ssh and just starting the jdownloader headlessly like this:

Zitat von me

cd /opt/jdownloader/
    java -Djava.awt.headless=true -jar JDownloader.jar

You can put the parameter -norestart at the end. Otherwise you will have to either restart the server (only works if jdownloader isn't demonized obivously) or kill the process yourself:
    ps -aux | to find the pid that jdownloader is running on
    kill -9 <pid> |fill in the pid to kill the process
    To make sure you killed it you can again do ps -aux. Afterwards jdownloader should be up to date and not running. Now you can start it again via gui.

• I have a question myself. Is there a possibility to start the jdownloader plug-in with a certain parameter?
    Because i am running OMV on a headless raspberry the autoextraction doesn't work. Therefore i need to start it with the parameter -DsevenzipLibID=Linux-armpi. As the gui layout is right now i think this is impossible. It would be great to have that feature included.

• you could edit the jdownloader.service file in /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/

but this change is overwritten when you change activate/deactivate jdownloader in OMV-Webif.

• All you guys seem to have the same problem. My guess is that the limit of 20% cpu rate is holding the update back and therefore the jdownloader won't work properly. My solution to this would be to deactivate the jdownloader in the gui and do the update manually. That means connecting to the server via ssh and just starting the jdownloader headlessly like this:

You can put the parameter -norestart at the end. Otherwise you will have to either restart the server (only works if jdownloader isn't demonized obivously) or kill the process yourself:ps -aux | to find the pid that jdownloader is running on
    kill -9 <pid> |fill in the pid to kill the process
    To make sure you killed it you can again do ps -aux. Afterwards jdownloader should be up to date and not running. Now you can start it again via gui.

Thanks Larkin, now work!
    The last issue; the web interface is empty, suggestions?

• excuse me, am I the only one who's not able to connect again my.jdownloader to openmediavault's plugin? In the panel I've got error NONE, an id, the following version 36667 and the version Wed Apr 26 17:34:07 CEST 2017 .
    I've tried to perform the command above but with no luck

Till 20 days ago everything was ok..
    Thanks

• Hi @advapi

Sometimes you just have to be patient.
    Try it this way

1. Stop jdownloader in the webgui
    2. Go to over ssh (putty) in the shell and make below

Code
    sudo chown -R jdownloader:users /opt/jdownloader
    sudo rm -rf /opt/jdownloader/tmp
    sudo rm -rf /opt/jdownloader/update
    sudo rm -rf /opt/jdownloader/Core.jar

3. Now start jdownloader in webgui and wait few minutes

You can watch the jdownloader user in the shell you write

Code
    top u jdownloader

when you see the process have very low cpu load the update is finished

PS. English is not my strength, german would be better
    PS.1 It is verry bad when you make jdownloader update as root (example below)

Code
    cd /opt/jdownloader/
    java -Djava.awt.headless=true -jar JDownloader.jar

Because the right to root:root are changed and later user jdownloader can not access it

[LibreELEC @ 2x RPi3, CoreELEC @ S12 Octa Core]

[ NAS OMV 5.xx (Usul) @ NanoPI M4 ]

[ Nextcloud 18.0.4 @ ODROID C2 ]

[ Motioneye @ RPi4]

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Aux ()

• Hi,
    I've got the same "awaiting first restart" problem. I've solved it recently with restarting it manually in the shell. After doing another fresh install of omv3 i have the same error again. But I don't remeber the syntax i've used the last time (i was drunk then). I tried "service jdownloader restart" which didn't work and im pretty sure it wasn't this syntax. Do you have any ideas?

cheers

• @mcgyver83

Before the commands listed below are executed, you must be sure that no instance of jdownloader is running.

Code
    sudo chown -R jdownloader:users /opt/jdownloader
    sudo rm -rf /opt/jdownloader/tmp
    sudo rm -rf /opt/jdownloader/update
    sudo rm -rf /opt/jdownloader/Core.jar

In shell to run below command

Code
    top u jdownloader

The output must be empty

[LibreELEC @ 2x RPi3, CoreELEC @ S12 Octa Core]

[ NAS OMV 5.xx (Usul) @ NanoPI M4 ]

[ Nextcloud 18.0.4 @ ODROID C2 ]

[ Motioneye @ RPi4]

• yes, I did, no processes running before executing commands

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!