Temperature CPU?

• jhmiller !! Thanks for the hard work !!

The graph for the CPU temperature shows up now. Graphs are being generated and it showing cores 1 -4

I guess my next question is as follows:

My system has two quad core xenon cpu's, so I should have eight cores show up......... correct ?
    Does OMV even recognize that their are two cpu installed ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

My system has two quad core xenon cpu's, so I should have eight cores show up......... correct ?
    Does OMV even recognize that their are two cpu installed ?

If you see eight processors in the output of cat /proc/cpuinfo, then OMV will see them.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Just a little update to my use of this plugin.

I'm using a ASRock C2750D4I Motherboard.

I had to add this to /etc/modules

w83627ehf

or else only the cores temp was detected.

When I added the above then I was able to use the motherboard and CPU temp.

I am still not able to see my Fan speed for my CPU or SYS FAN but I am not surprised by that because the motherboard can handle 6 different Fans.

When I am running sensors it only detects Fan1 and Fan2 wich has a "0" Value. So maybe that is two of the ports i don't use.

This is what I can see in the IPMI/BIOS:

CPU_FAN1 900 RPM
    REAR_FAN1 Not Available
    FRNT_FAN1 900 RPM
    FRNT_FAN2 Not Available
    REAR_FAN2 Not Available
    CPU_FAN2 Not Available

• jhmiller, Here is my setup:

ASRock 970 Extreme4 motherboard, AMD FX-6300 (6 Core 3.5mhz AM3 CPU), CPU Fan is connected to CPU_FAN1 (according to MB manual).

CPU Temp is the ONLY thing being populated in the graphs. Motherboard Temp, CPU Fan Speed, and SYS Fan Speed are all coming up with frowny faces. Any advice on making this setup populate more?

• Thinking I needed to reconfigure, so did the following (most was probably unnecessary/redundant)

sh -x /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/sensors
    omv-sensors-detect
    /etc/init.d/kmod start
    /etc/init.d/lm-sensors stop
    /etc/init.d/lm-sensors start
    omv-mkgraph

I'm now getting graphs in all 4 windows under the OMV Sensors tab in the Web Interface. I'm still only seeing data in the graphs for CPU Temp & Motherboard Temp, but that's better than it was. Also notice that my output from sensors doesn't seem to show anything in the fan speeds so not sure what's up with that.

I think henkall and I are experiencing the same issue (similar motherboards from same Manufacture). Not sure how to resolve it though.

henkall, not sure if this helps, but found these sample configs for ASRock motherboards (none specific to us) that may or may not help get us to a solution.

http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/Configurations/ASRock

• guys, sorry to be a pain...

I just upgraded to Stoneburner (it went nicely) but in my plugins page I can only see 1.0.5 and I can't find any plugin update.
    I pretty much have all repos activated....

can somebody point me in the right direction?

thanks
    FT

• Offizieller Beitrag

1.0.16 is in stoneburner download managers testing repo. Make sure it is enabled and then try the apt clean button.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

• Offizieller Beitrag

I see you beat me to the solution :D

• My system has two quad core xenon cpu's, so I should have eight cores show up......... correct ?

For now it will only pick up one set of the cores, I will look at adding the other cpu (cores) for the next version.

guys, what about raspberry pi support?

The raspberry pi has no built in sensors, from what I have seen you would need to get/build an addon module that can get CPU temp.

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von jhmiller ()

• Hi jhmiller, i have no tab showing in the omv interface.

cannot post the output for sh -x /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/sensors beacause there is too many caracters

Output for : ls /var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost/sensors*

Code
    ls: impossible d'accéder à /var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost/sensors*: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type

output for : sensors

thank you

• There should be a folder in /var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost/ beginning with sensors, check the folder ls /var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost/

• Hi jhmiller,

The output of : ls /var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost/

Code
    cpu-0  cpu-2  df-dev                         df-media-c62f0572-1589-49f3-80b9-1602c54540d2  df-root  df-run-lock  df-tmp      interface-lo    memory
    cpu-1  cpu-3  df-media-b0c1f443-9633-435b-ae9c-8c9ea93d9f03  df-media-fa62949b-1d2c-4f76-9f9a-45988f5b9339  df-run   df-run-shm   interface-eth0  load        rrdcached

thank you for your help.

• Run sensors-detect answer yes to all questions and then check folder again.

• I ran the command and answered yes to all questions.

the output of : ls /var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost/

Code
    cpu-0  cpu-2  df-dev                         df-media-c62f0572-1589-49f3-80b9-1602c54540d2  df-root  df-run-lock  df-tmp      interface-lo    memory
    cpu-1  cpu-3  df-media-b0c1f443-9633-435b-ae9c-8c9ea93d9f03  df-media-fa62949b-1d2c-4f76-9f9a-45988f5b9339  df-run   df-run-shm   interface-eth0  load        rrdcached

it's look like the same output.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!