[GUIDE] Sickbeard+SABnzbd+Couchpotato Guide [OLD]

• Very strange I cannot see it there, but I did have it running and setup my servers and just shut it down, could it be in a sub-directory?

• I am goin to do some test installs as 2 people report problems with this script. I have to re-setup a virtual machine so might take a few hours before i can post if anything is wong.

Miller

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• Some things have changed so the script does indeed need to be modified. I am working on it now, ill post back when i have it working again.

Miller

• Its all working again now.

I have changed it now so omv.sh downloads the latest script everytime it's run so you can keep omv.sh and run it when ever you need it.

wget http://jamied.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/omv.sh
    chmod a+x omv.sh
    sudo ./omv.sh

I have tested 5 viryual installs and all were good. Let me know if you have any problems.

Miller

• Hi Miller, and thank you for this very useful script. I didn't try latest revision of the script (my installation is fine), but I noticed you point to v0.3.4 for omvplugins, which has been updated to v0.3.5 (link : http://packages.omv-plugins.or…0.3.5~1.gbp97ef9e_all.deb).

Questions :

- omv-plugins is the first thing I install after a fresh OMV installation (OMV updates before of course). Could you please had an option to choose to install or not the plugins repository ? or maybe I'm too noob in linux and the OS can handle this itself and see that it's already install... :)
    - still no way to get the sickbeard, sabnzbd, etc windows directly in the GUI of OMV instead of a new window ?

anyway, thanks again for this script.

• I have always installed the plugins plugin (lol) I think most users would want it installed so never bothered to have it ask if it was wanted or not. Are you saying it did not work for you?

I don't know if it will ever happen. As far as i know, we can only display php/java code in the window, so would need to design a whole new interface for each app in php/java. I think the best we can expect is a settings page but even that would require some work.

Miller

• I can't be for certain since I no longer have subsonic on my system, but if I remember right, I only had to modify the config.ini file for it to work. Had to place in the right IP address with port to allow access to the web gui on python 2.6. Once I accessed the gui, it was smooth sailing after that.

• fantastic. all install brilliantly now. many thanks for sorting it :) i've never used GameZ before. Cant get it to work still, guessing its that python version issue so wont bother fretting over it for now.

:)

• Zitat von "thefunkygibbon"

fantastic. all install brilliantly now. many thanks for sorting it :) i've never used GameZ before. Cant get it to work still, guessing its that python version issue so wont bother fretting over it for now.

:)

Yes, Gamez requires python2.7, thats why i started work on the 2.7 installer section and incase the other apps swap over to it as well.
    I have had Gamez running on omv with my 2.7 setup, i should removed the option for it untill i release the 2.7 setup but hoped them might make it more 2.6 friendly.

Miller

• Zitat von "jhmiller"

Are you saying it did not work for you?

no no don't be afraid : it's working no problem. My only concern is (I don't know if you already changed to v0.3.5 or not as I didn't download your script today) : will your installer install an older version in top of a new one or is linux able to deal with an already up-to-date version and won't just install it ?

• noticed there was a new version of Sickbeard released, went to install it and it complains of

Unable to find your git executable - either delete your .git folder and run from source OR set git_path in your config.ini to enable updates.

even though the ini file contains the correct git path git_path = /usr/bin/git

any ideas?

• I had the very same issue. The git is not the problem even tho it says it is, i bet its a default error if it does not know what the error is.

Any way, i solved this by going to the sickbeard install dir and doing a
    git stash
    As it apears the very last update did not stash its changes. Then you should be able to check for update again, this time it should go ahead.

**WARNING**
    On my setup it would not run after the update but just showed an error on screen, i belive this was due to the database structure changing between versions. You may wish to backup your whole sickbeard folder somewhere safe before doing the update so you can go back to before the update if it does error out.

This update has not been out long so if others have this same error it may be fixed in another update.

Miller

• awesome, looks like its ok. slightly prettier too.
    out of interest how far are you from getting 2.7/gamez working ? I been attempting and failing at trying to build a virtualenv of 2.7, is that what your idea was?

• Yes, that is what i have done. It does work but im unsure if it is 100% safe as i have had little time to test it on my virtual machines. I have had Gamez running fine with it.

All the code is in the script and ready to go, i just disabled it from being called, like i said above, if you want to enable it and test it, you can but don't hit me if it goes bad ;)

• just managed to get 2.7 installed myself using virtualenvs (not checked your script yet... still interested in trying)

gamez starts up and says its running on default port of 8085 but i cant seem to browse to it on that port (tried other ports too, but no dice) any ideas?

• Zitat von "thefunkygibbon"

i dont mind trying it on my VM, what parts do i need to comment out, or can i wget another script which you have already uncommented out the bits?

to

wget http://jamied.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/omvinstalls.sh

• cool, i've done it, but it doesnt seem to run for me, what should it have downloaded and installed? i see there is a python2.7 folder in the GameZ folder now, put it doesnt seem to be compiled. and for some reason I cant compile things on OMV?!

• It should compile it for you, thats the way it has to be installed due to system running 2.6. When you choose 2.7 it should start to show python2.7 being compiled, that should take a few mins depending on the power of your system.

It also installs everything needed to compile python2.7 for Gamez, SABnzbd wont work with 2.7 as i did not include ssl libs as Gamez does not need them.

Ill go back and test it on a virtual machine but i cant see why it would not compile for you.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!