Beiträge von steakhutzeee

1.8 is the current version in the Debian repos. I'd leave it as is unless you have some reason for needing the absolute newest version.

Thanks for your reply!

The strange thing is that it says version 1.8 build undefined, or something similar. Is this ok?

Why do you suggest to use version 1.8? Could you give me some more details?

Thanks again!!

Hi :)

This could be a dumb question, i have installed docker-compose via apt install docker-compose. I see that docker-compose --version is docker-compose version 1.8.0.

I do not understand what this version is really. Should i instead install it like pointed on the offial site via sudo curl -L "https://github.com/docker/compose/releases/download/1.25.4/docker-compose-$(uname -s)-$(uname -m)" -o /usr/local/bin/docker-compose?

Thanks in advance!

I did originally ln -s /sharedfolders/AppData/data/docker /var/lib/docker but in fact it wont work this way docker has to be a symlink outside of a share folder I put it directly on the root of my disk

the only problem I I am using OMV4 and do not know how to connect it with portainer to uprade to OMV5

Maybe you should have used the complete absolute path of the disk/directory instead of the "sharedfolder"? For example /srv/dev-disk-by-label-etc.

Anyway i do not know if the symlink works if the directories are on different filesystems, if this is your case.

Only thing i can notice is that you used "/sharedfolders/AppData/data/docker" the image shows a second docker dir nested into the first docker dir. Maybe you have to fix that?

Did you properly copy all the files and directories from /var/lib/docker to /srv/dev-disk-by-label-HC/DockerBasePath/docker ?

If you didn't properly copy them, then docker won't see them.

I think so, did it several times. What command do you suggest? So i can try right now.

Could be the difference of file systems? Microsd is btrfs and HD is ext4.

EDIT: Yep, it was the different filesystem. Writing here so it can help someone else. You can't move docker base path on different filesystems.

Instead of linking, i tried editing the daemon.json file with:

{

"data-root": "/srv/dev-disk-by-label-HC/DockerBasePath/docker",

"storage-driver": "overlay2"

}

If i try: " docker info | grep 'Docker Root Dir' " the output is "Docker Root Dir: /srv/dev-disk-by-label-HC/DockerBasePath/docker "

So the path is ok, so why i do not see anything into OMV Docker?

Anyway i think that the link is backwards, it should be ln -s /var/lib/docker /new/path and not ln -s /new/path /var/lib/docker. Right?

Thanks for your reply!

It's an HD i've connected to my ODROID HC2 and i have samba shares on it. I store config folders in AppData shared folder on the disk and now i have created another shared folder called DockerBasePath. So yes it's already mounted.

Copied with "cp -R /var/lib/docker /srv/dev-disk-by-label-HC2/DockerBasePath". But i see with "du -sh" that the size of the original docker dir is 7.1G, instead the "new" one is 10G. How is possible?

Two things:

1. from windows i can't access the docker dir i just copied, maybe because it's only for root? How could i fix permissions on it? Strange because i enabled inherited permissions on the DockerBasePath shared folder.

2. so to now i have on my share: /srv/dev-disk-by-label-HC2/DockerBasePath/docker. Is this ok or i should put the content of docker directly under DockerBasePath?

Thanks for your reply. But why i have to use DHCP if in the router i have selected a static ip for the NAS?

I see that the DHCP interface is created without issues but then i receive an error when i try to create the certificate into the OpenVPN plugin.

There is an alternative that do you suggest to install openvpn? Maybe in a container?

The reason i ask for another way to install Openvpn is that when i deleted the DHCP interface, OMV became unresponsive. I had to pull off the power cord and reboot manually to restore the system up. So i'm a little afraid to play with interfaces. But maybe that was just the expected behaviour...

Anyway after adding the DHCP interface (i have none listed), i have this error when i try to create certificates:

"EASYRSA_PKI does not exist (perhaps you need to run init-pki)?"

Hi, i'm experiencing something that i do not know if is an issue or a normal behavior.

When i reboot OMV from the gui there are some errors that pop up, just saying "An error occurred". After that the system reboots normally.

Why this? Is it normal? Or can i fix it somehow?

Thanks in advance!

I have installed the plugin, but under "Gateway Interface" i have no interfaces to select. What should i do?

I see i can add the interfaces in the Network menu. Could someone help me fill the configuration?

Screenshot attached. I have set a static ip for the OMV NAS in my router so i should select 'Static' as Method?

EDIT: Tried to manually add a static interface but the result is this error:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; systemctl start 'networking' 2>&1' with exit code '1': Job for networking.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status networking.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

Details:

Hello :)

I would like to install Openvpn on my ODROID HC2. I saw a video by Technodad to setup Openvpn-as in Portainer but that's just for x64 arch.

I read a lot of different tutorials but i'm not sure what path to follow.

I found this guide https://ameridroid.com/blogs/a…emote-access-with-openvpn, what do you think? Can this work? Why most people download Openvpn via CLI instead of using the plugin?

Somewhere on Github i read that people had issue that broke the system with this plugin.

Any info is appreciated, thanks in advance!

Thank you for your advices, i will deep dive.

Ok so i will not use guest options. Speaking of this, privileges are different from ACL?
    For example, i set a user to have read/write permissions on a folder, but i do not see that option checked in ACL. Only in Privileges section.

Yes it's set as Browseable. Strange thing i connected without issues with an iphone, with server: odroidxu4 and my credentials. So the issue is on my laptop. Don't know what could be, DNS? I cannot ping it, no issue pinging the NAS ip instead.

PS: Saluti! :D

EDIT: Fixed the issue adding the name of my NAS to the Windows host file. Is this a valid solution?

Another thing, if i allow guests to access my shared folder only to read, how can i login into the sharefolders with my user so i can read/write? Only way to let the systems asking for credential is to put all shared folders not allowed to guest.

Hello, i have a little issue with SMB. I can access the shared folders from windows if i access them from "\\the_ip_of_my_hc2".

But if i try to access from the "ODROIDXU4" that i see under Network in Windows i have the error attached. Why this?

Thanks in advance!

Hello

I've just started OMV for the first time on my ODROID HC2.

If i go on "Update Management" and press "Check", i have this long error:

EDIT: Strange, it seems to work now. Updates setup in progress.

Right. those are the two points I am aware off:

• Don't use the "--network=mynet" as option in the docker-gui. Does not work any more.
    • Don't use /sharedfolders/... but /srv/dev-disk-by-label.... instead

Thanks all! Yep i saw the video by Techodad :)
    @macom could you please specify in detail what you mean? Both your advices are valid only for docker gui? I do not have to worry about them in Portainer? Do not know what that commands means in "practice".