Beiträge von janeku

So what is happening now? Are you mounting the disks, under Storage, File Systems?

Another question; Are you fully up to date?
    Under System, OMV-Extras, there's an Updates Button. Select OMV-Update.

After the update (if you didn't do before), with the Jmicron controller you may have to wipe your disks, format them and start again.

I bought new one for my PC (Gembird 4 port USB 3.0 hub with external power adapter) that replaced with hub I use on PINE64 and since then I had no problems at all. Looks like older usb hub issue. I put old one usb hub on my PC (there I do not need it so much).
    I think this thrad should be closed ;)

Although I use ubuntu for more than a five years I am still a noob on some questions.

My two disks is set as shown when I type lsusb:

Bus 002 Device 005: ID 152d:0578 JMicron Technology Corp. / JMicron USA Technology Corp. JMS567 SATA 6Gb/s bridge

Bus 002 Device 004: ID 152d:0578 JMicron Technology Corp. / JMicron USA Technology Corp. JMS567 SATA 6Gb/s bridge

How and where I should check usb power settings if hey are set for suspend mode on ? And how to change it (diable of suspend mode) and make it permanent.

Sorry my mistake: It is armbian.
    Everything is set now but there is issue with unmounting disks with some time of inactivity.

If you have Shared Folder/User permissions and SMB permissions set properly you shouldn’t need to mess with ACL’s at all.

I find the reason. Faulty flash drive.
    Now I have set good DLNA and SMB server with 2x500GB disks BUT I have one issue regarding unmounting disks. Looks like they are automatically unmounted after some time.
    a. USB power savings are enabled (how to check that) that shut down usb port.
    b. Some misterious force or gremlin is joking with me :)

I know what I am talking about because this morning I was listening to music and left it as it is, and now after almost of 12 hours both disks are unmounted.

Here is my circuit diagram:

If I get you right, your assumption is that the Pi is getting 12 V on it's USB3-port from the HDD-cable (via the red "cable") Then I should be able to measure the currency at one of the pins of Pi's USB3 directly on the pi's board. Even when the pi's power-suplly is disconnected. Is it that what you mean?

Yes. :) Not currency, but voltage.

janeku Read-Only filesystem sounds like your hard drive is dying or maybe there was some controller error in your system. Please have a look at the Storage section of the forum.

Looks like dying problem. I swap to an old ide 30GB external hard disk and everything went well during copy process.

It should work.
    Is it somehow possible to measure voltage on the end of usb cable from 3.5" hdd ?
    Why ?
    I had one issue where power of external usb hub goes to the computer (standard PC) and it cause constant powering of usb port of the computer even the computer was turned off.
    What I sugest with this idea ? Well is it somehow possible to measure output power on usb cable (USB3-SATA) ? It could be that indirectly you supply usb hub and pi's ports with 12V so it could make some problems. 12V is intended to supply hard disk but not to power supply other devices.
    My solution was to strip the cable and find out wich one was a supply wire going to usb port of my PC. I just cut it and problem was gone.
    Maybe this is the solution of your problem. If you are able to buy or provide usb female jack (like on Pi) from nearby electronic shop you could easy measure voltage on this connector.
    Edit: In hat case if there is 12V on output to PI's usb port, when you cut out power, you will have only RX/TX communication between hard disk and Pi, without power active. No change at all.
    Regards,

I tried to read whole post from beginning. For me it is just a power supply issue. Looks like both hard drives pull so much power (current) from Pi3 and your power supply so it can't boot properly. Same situation here on my Pine64+: if I try to add USB3 500GB HDD on it's existing usb port PINE would not boot at all (red led is on, hdd is clicking, no boot). If I use external USB HUB with power supply then everything is OK.

I would suggest to you to find out and buy 3.5" HDD enclosure for your hard disk (usually they are with additional power supply on them), and mount it on external USB HUB also suopplied with power supply .
    I think that these USB ports from Raspberry, Pine and similar boards are very sensitive on power demand of external devices so if more than a 1A current is requested they start to fail adn additional power supplies are required for proper work.

No, please revise your SMB config, and the user that you use to login in SMB.

Well users that are supposed to upload files (me) are properly set with permisions of read/write/modify in ALC and regular folder settings. Despite his setings it happens the folder to get only read-only. Even OMV himself says that the drive is read only when try to make changes:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; setfacl --remove-all -M '/tmp/setfacl68OZLK' -- '/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-add2dc37-ac09-4a67-987f-3befaa34f12a/Videos/' 2>&1' with exit code '1': setfacl: /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-add2dc37-ac09-4a67-987f-3befaa34f12a/Videos/: Read-only file system

For sure OMV supports more than one shared folder. I have much more than one.

You must do something strange. Did you read the new user guide linked in my signature?

Why sudden change of perimissions while copying files to a shared folder ????

This is my case so I would like some help, please

So I tried to upload some files to new created folder (following instructions) and went so sleep. Next day (today) I receive notification that it can't copy more to a disk giving me option to skip files and after checking error message I see that it says folder is only in read-mode ????

I tried to remove shared folder from SMB and DLNA and also remove users that have privileges to them but I receive this mesage:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; setfacl --remove-all -M '/tmp/setfacl68OZLK' -- '/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-add2dc37-ac09-4a67-987f-3befaa34f12a/Videos/' 2>&1' with exit code '1': setfacl: /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-add2dc37-ac09-4a67-987f-3befaa34f12a/Videos/: Read-only file system

How to solve this problem ???

In addition to my question above:

I got stuck without clue :( so I decide once again re-install everything (raspbian and omv).

Once again I was following instruction and everything goes well.

So I tried to upload some files to new created folder and went so sleep. Next day (today) I receive notification that it can't copy more to a disk giving me option to skip files and after checking error message I see that it says folder is only in read-mode ????

I tried to remove shared folder from SMB and DLNA and also remove users that have privileges to them but I receive this mesage:

How to solve this problem ???

Install the Debian Buster server image from pine (really armbian image)- https://wiki.pine64.org/index.…r_and_Light_Desktop_Usage

Then follow the guide Installing OMV5 on Raspberry PI's, Armbian SBC's, & i386 32-bit platforms

Hi,

I installed everything according manuals and almost everything is fine and good set, except:

- When I first time set folders in omv it is ok, I can upload files to them.

- When I try to remove files it says it is read-only state of file or folder although in setting i set folder parameters to read-write for eveyone.

- Also when settings DLNA server it did no show folder I choose as part of dlna system. I have to share the same folders in samba so I could be able to copy files to it. DLNA server could be found on my local TV and it play files but I just can not edit them if I want and access the system from network (samba) share. I must mention I use Ubuntu as a operating system.

ANy clue why after basic setting of the folder as a read-write it jumps to read-only parameters ?