openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hello,

My NAS was worrking fine since a recent upgrade.
    Suddenly I am facing errors launching Virtualbox I have catch the log when I start the service:

Source Code

1. Apr 25 09:13:33 openmediavault systemd[1]: [/lib/systemd/system/docker.service:14] Unknown lvalue 'TasksMax' in section 'Service'
    2. Apr 25 09:13:33 openmediavault systemd[1]: Started ACPI event daemon.
    3. Apr 25 09:13:33 openmediavault systemd[1]: Listening on ACPID Listen Socket.
    4. Apr 25 09:13:33 openmediavault systemd[1]: Started File System Quota Check.
    5. Apr 25 09:13:33 openmediavault systemd[1]: Activated swap /dev/disk/by-uuid/6580c198-021e-4736-bbce-cbe2e244602d.
    6. Apr 25 09:13:33 openmediavault systemd[1]: Found device KINGSTON_SVP200S37A60G 5.
    7. Apr 25 09:13:33 openmediavault systemd[1]: Mounted
  • New

Hello All. I'm looking to see if anyone else is using the Plex unsupported App Store with the Plex Docker container.
    I'm trying to get it to work but I'm running into an error and I'm not sure where to get help.

I was able to easily install the plugin but upon login I'm getting an error.

Error occurred!
    WebTools
    Technical Info:
    Url: api/v3/git/getReleaseInfo/url/https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fukdtom%2FWebTools.bundle/version/latest
    Error: var checkIsNewVersionAvailable - Fatal error happened in getReleaseInfo

A google search lead me to a wiki entry about apache but Im not clear on how that would affect a docker setup.

Anyone have any experience getting this to work?
  • New

I have a RAID5 (5 disks) configured using the OMV GUI. I am running OMV 4.1.4-1.
    Whilst working on the machine while shut down I accidentally unclipped one of the drives (SATA cable). I started the machine up and noticed that the RAID was not detected, and the file system on the RAID was listed as missing.

I found this post on the forum:
    RAID Array missing after failed drive. Trying to rebuild
    The above thread from post 10 pretty much describes my symptoms (except I have 5 disks) and I am (relatively) sure that the commands posted by ryecoaaron in post 11 will solve my problem. The question is, why does the RAID not start, but in a degraded mode, automatically, and the file system mounted? I could then add another disk, rebuild, and move on. Is there a way to tell OMV to start degraded RAIDs (so that they can be rebuilt)? Isn't that the purpose of RAID5 (to be fault tolerant if one disk is missing)?

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Is my SSD dying? Sudden error with Virtualbox

OMV has no longer a network connection

Dropkick Murphy

VirtualBox Plugin not work

LouBen3010

Recent Activities

• Guerito73 -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Is my SSD dying? Sudden error with Virtualbox.

Thread
    Hello, My NAS was worrking fine since a recent upgrade. Suddenly I am facing errors launching Virtualbox I have catch the log when I start the service: Source Code (38 lines) I am not an expert but log talks a lot about hardware... As My NAS is…
  • Dropkick Murphy -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV has no longer a network connection.

A guide for good network diagnostics can be found here: unix.stackexchange.com/questio…bleshooting-and-debugging Since you did not provide any further info, its almost impossible to help you
  • LouBen3010 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x VirtualBox Plugin not work.

Thanks, but I switched backt to 4.14 and it again does not work. VirtualBox is essential since I'm hosting all my webservers in a dedicated VM to keep by OMV untouched. I switched to 4.14 in the boot menu and then again re-installed Virtualbox. Without…
  • tekkb -

Replied to the thread RTC Module on a RPI 2 with the OMV 3.x Debian Armbian (armhf) image.

/usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/collectd.d/df Source Code (5 lines) github.com/svn2github/unoffici…272c85afc46e6724f5ca4cfd0
  • eiermann -

Replied to the thread Dokumenten-Management - Einstiegsfragen.

Moin moin, Ich habe die Sache mit dem Scanner aufgegeben, ist mir ehrlich gesagt zu viel Aufwand, wie schon weiter oben geschrieben geht es mittlerweile mit einem Smartphone viel einfacher, einfach mal verschiedene Apps ausprobieren. für mich…
  • Stramm -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x UEFI boot manager: can't install OVM from a USB-stick on Apollo Lake mini-pc.

Are you able to boot anything else from USB? Maybe a Windows or Fedora or openSUSE. If that works I'd try the debian mailinglist or a debian forum. If nothing else boots, I'd strip down the computer to the absolute minimum and retry. Other USB ports,…
  • bookie56 -

Replied to the thread ZFS Degraded Pool.

Quote from flmaxey: “I might even look into running ZFS on the R-PI :) . That would be a trick with 1 (one) whole GB of ram. ZFS allows "copies=2" which provides for real checksummed bitrot protection, for critical filesystems, even when using a single…
  • testereneco -

Replied to the thread Dokumenten-Management - Einstiegsfragen.

Mal ein Feedback: Ich habe mir die letzten Jahre sehr viele Gedanken gemacht. Nach wirklich langer Recherche, das Testen von verschiedenen System und nach ausgiebigem Testen habe ich mir folgendes entschieden: ->Scannen/OCR erfolgt eigentlich immer…
  • antsh -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Error popping up with new install of OMV 4.1.4-1.

Whenever I get this error, I force refresh the webpage (holding shift), and the error goes away.
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread ZFS device(s) not listed in devices dropdown.

Also take note the fix is still missing migration script. The migration script will have to insert the current mntent uuid into every dataset property associated with the mntent using postinst.