openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hello,

I'm quite new to OMV family, actually I'm in the deployment process of my first machine. I've looked on google and tried to look on forum, no luck with either approach. If my question was answered, please point me to solution and I'll delete this thread.

Short question:
    Can I grant user access to web gui plugin/service menu?

Long question:
    I'm currently setting up OMV machine as a upgrade from synology machine. One of requirements was to allow users to use equivalent of "Download station". Of course I can make it happen with "BitTorrent" and "Downloader" plugins/services, however I'm unable to give user access to gui of those services. I'm unable to give user gui access to anything to be honest. I know there is RCP for BitTorrent, but that seems like a workaround, not a proper solution to problem. Can I grant user access to web gui plugin/service menu?

Regards
    Christopher
  • New

I'm wanting to upgrade my v2 (Stone Burner) to v3. I understand I need to verify that the plugins I use in v2 need to be available for v3 before proceeding. I'm surprised to see no iSCSI Target plugin or LVM2 plugin. A couple questions:
    1) Is that to say, v3 does not provide iSCSI target services?
    2) does v3 have iSCSI initiator so I can still mount my storage located on an iSCSI target?
    3) does v3 *NOT* have LVM at all? That seems very odd - thinking it might be built in and does not require a plugin?
  • New

So i have the following setup. OMV3, because I need the iscsi target plugin.
    I need to use ZFS zvols for iscsi lun devices.

When i create a new volume in ZFS I'm able to add it as a LUN device. I see it as a block device as expected and everything works.
    Issue comes when I clone the zvol to a new one. ZFS tab shows the clone and all is normal. But when i go to iSCSI Target the clone is missing from the list and can't be added as a LUN device.

So is this a omv issue, a zfs plugin issue or an iscsi one?

Output of lsblk

Source Code

1. zd0 230:0 0 80G 0 disk
    2. zd16 230:16 0 80G 0 disk
    3. └─zd16p1 230:17 0 80G 0 part
    4. zd32 230:32 0 80G 0 disk
    5. └─zd32p1 230:33 0 80G 0 part

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

OMV iSCSI Client and LVM?

donh

Concerns about installing Flashmemory plugin

rudis

Upgrade 2-3

gderf

Enabling services webgui to user

Plex Docker OMV 4.0 Arrakis

1needhelp

Recent Activities

• donh -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) OMV iSCSI Client and LVM?.

On my 3.0.97 I have both lvm and iscsi plugins available. How are you not seeing them? They are both omv built in plugins. Maybe your /etc/apt/ is not correct? According to this bugtracker.openmediavault.org/view.php?id=1756 iscsi may not be maintained…
  • rudis -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x Concerns about installing Flashmemory plugin.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Don't worry about understanding tmpfs. If it is using a lot of memory, it will get pushed to swap if a process needs it. ” If one have disable the swap with swapoff -a and removed the partition in /etc/fstab? :/ :?:
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 0.3 Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Upgrade 2-3.

Your decision regarding skipping OMV 3.x and going straight to 4.x will depend on some factors. The first thing is available plugins. The list of what is available in 3.x got a lot shorter in 4.x. So if any must haves are missing in OMV 4.x you will…
  • KimDzongAxel -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x (testing) Enabling services webgui to user.

Thread
    Hello, I'm quite new to OMV family, actually I'm in the deployment process of my first machine. I've looked on google and tried to look on forum, no luck with either approach. If my question was answered, please point me to solution and I'll delete this…
  • rudis -

Liked nielspauli’s post in the thread OMV 2.x Concerns about installing Flashmemory plugin.

Like (Post)
    I have read through this post, and found the following: Quote from bobafetthotmail: “If you want to save that stuff regularly to disk, you need to set a chron job manually calling a "folder2ram -syncall", which syncs the contents of the ram folders to…
  • rudis -

Liked nielspauli’s post in the thread OMV 2.x Concerns about installing Flashmemory plugin.

Like (Post)
    I'm building an OMV server using an SSD as boot/system drive. The SSD is an SLC industrial drive so it should be able to take lots of writes (although the exact number is not specified). So to keep unnecessary writes to a minimum, obviously, I want to…
  • 1needhelp -

Replied to the thread Plex Docker OMV 4.0 Arrakis.

Quote from flvinny521: “I prefer Docker for everything. But I am biased. See here. ” Thanks. As I thought so too. Anyway, i did follow your instruction to start with and using 4.0, i was stuck when running plex and I found out why. it was permission…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) OMV iSCSI Client and LVM?.

Sometimes plugins that once were in omvextras.org are brought into core OMV. So if you are looking at omvextras.org for an LVM plugin, you won't find it - it's now a core capability - just enable the plugin. I don't know what's happening with iscsi…
  • bkeadle -

Replied to the thread OMV 0.3 Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Upgrade 2-3.

Excellent information. Thank you for your time in replying so fully. You're right - it's a VM, so I was just going to try. That prompted to post another question about the plugins in 2x that don't appear to exist in 3x. It's good to hear your honest…
  • bkeadle -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x (stable) OMV iSCSI Client and LVM?.

Thread
    I'm wanting to upgrade my v2 (Stone Burner) to v3. I understand I need to verify that the plugins I use in v2 need to be available for v3 before proceeding. I'm surprised to see no iSCSI Target plugin or LVM2 plugin. A couple questions: 1) Is that to…