openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

I am trying to follow this guide [How To] Install Pi-Hole in Docker: Update - 08/10/18

on OMV 4.1.11 upgraded from 3.91 and I am stuck at the beginning as soon as I want to use the google DNS

and actually also similar problem in the docker pihole itself when I want to create a network according to the guide

-----
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; systemctl start 'networking' 2>&1' with exit code '1': Job for networking.service failed because the control process exited with error code.See "systemctl status networking.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

The configuration has been changed. You must apply the changes in order for them to take effect.

Details
    Page

of 1
    Displaying items 1 - 1 of 1
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; systemctl start 'networking' 2>&1' with exit code '1': Job for networking.service…
  • New

I'm using Arakkis 4.1.11 on two systems -- and configured a few rsync jobs between them (and other machines). Rsync jobs are only configured on one of these, and they all use passwordless SSH with a Public Key Auth, so the Certificate is in the OMV Certificate store.

On the OMV box that has all of these jobs, it appears that ssh-agent gets spawned > 20 times, nightly (at 0:00). So, I've got something like 40+ ssh-agent processes sitting/sleeping on the box, since it was restarted 2 days ago.

Is this standard behavior? Has anybody else seen this?
  • New

Hi,

I installer OMV on a raspberrypi and used 2 external, self-powered, HDD, 1TB each.

Suddenly this morning I noticed I can't access 1 of my HDD. I can see it's listed under physical disk (/dev/sda), however, it's not detected in File System, filesystem ext4, but no label, no info on total, used, and available space, it's not mounted, though referenced, and its status is missing.

What can I do to check and try to get back the content of the missing HDD? A lot of data inside so I prefer if I could try non destructive method first.

Thank you,

update 1: reattached the external hdd to omv, but now it doesn't detect the partition at all, listed under /dev/sda/ but no partition

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Pi-hole in doker network problem

geaves

OVM NIC Bonding Questions/Troubles

Muffkins90

Shared HDD suddenly goes missing

flmaxey

Latest OMV 4.x update failed on raspberry pi 3b+

dhanushkak

*UPDATE DOCKER Pi-HOLE*

flmaxey

Recent Activities

• geaves -

Replied to the thread Pi-hole in doker network problem.

Howto apply a static ip address to omv: From the menu select Network On the network menu bar select Interfaces In the Name column select select Edit A configuration box will appear, under IPv4>>>Method from the drop down select static, that's it fill…
  • Muffkins90 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OVM NIC Bonding Questions/Troubles.

Well the only thing i could put it down as to why it wasn't working was something to do with OMV cause i switched over to a 2K12 machine and its SMBMC worked straight out of the box. I thought OMVs SMB version would be good enough but doesnt seem that…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Shared HDD suddenly goes missing.

If you're using individual drives in docks: - Try swapping drives into the other drive's dock . - Power on the R-PI with only one drive at a time. - Replace the USB power supply for the R-PI. (A samsung galaxy smart phone supply, at +2 Amps, will stand…
  • dhanushkak -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Update Latest OMV 4.x update failed on raspberry pi 3b+.

Hi All, I had to re-install everything as the updates I got after this kept appearing as well while some of them actually never get upgraded. Then one day the rpi just stopped booting. I downloaded the latest OMV image and used it to set it all up…
  • jollyrogr -

Liked flmaxey’s post in the thread *UPDATE DOCKER Pi-HOLE*.

Like (Post)
    Quote from jollyrogr: “Quote from flmaxey: “Why would anyone use an add-on outside of a Docker? :) ” I installed pi-hole on a dietpi VM running in virtualbox. I can't imagine a better way to do it other than using an actual raspberry PI. The only…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread *UPDATE DOCKER Pi-HOLE*.

Quote from jollyrogr: “Quote from flmaxey: “Why would anyone use an add-on outside of a Docker? :) ” I installed pi-hole on a dietpi VM running in virtualbox. I can't imagine a better way to do it other than using an actual raspberry PI. The only…
  • jollyrogr -

Quote from flmaxey: “Why would anyone use an add-on outside of a Docker? :) ” I installed pi-hole on a dietpi VM running in virtualbox. I can't imagine a better way to do it other than using an actual raspberry PI. The only downside to having it run…
  • flmaxey -

--subnet=192.168.178.2/99 ________________________________________________________ /99 ist kein gültiges Subnetz Wenn Sie Ihren MacVlan einrichten (wie gezeigt -> link), sollte Ihr Subnetz-Eintrag dem folgenden ähneln: 192.168.178.0/24 /24 setzt…
  • BUFU1610 -

Replied to the thread How to disable IPv6 Privacy Extensions.

Really? There's nobody out there that can help me fix my ipv6 to keep the same static interface identifier?