openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

I am trying to set up things to remotely access my local instance of Nextcloud 15. I am able to reach it locally at 192.168.1.101:444, and I have Letsencrypt running properly with Duckdns - I assume, because I when I go to pwh.duckdns.org I get the welcome splash screen stating "Welcome to our server The website is currently being setup under this address." As soon as I create a nextcloud.subdomain.conf file from the given .sample file and restart my containers the welcome page is no longer accessible. I have tried every combination imaginable in configuring my config.php and nextcloud.subdomain.comf files (according to gleanings from these forums, the videos, and the web), and restarting my containers after each version. My local Nextcloud remains accessible after each restart.

I have built all of my containers using @TechnoDadLife videos, and they all seem to work fine independently. I just cannot get them to work together. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. If I could…
  • New

Howdy, I had a power outage today and the server restart, cannot access docker container web ui's. Docker service and all containers are running. I tried to create a new container as a test and get this error:

Source Code

1. error: unknown service containerd.services.leases.v1.Leases: not implemented"

The output of systemctl status docker is:

Source Code

1. ● docker.service - Docker Application Container Engine
    2. Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/docker.service; enabled; vendor preset: e
    3. nabled)
    4. Drop-In: /etc/systemd/system/docker.service.d
    5. └─openmediavault.conf
    6. Active: active (running) since Thu 2018-12-13 14:36:05 HST; 38min
    7. ago
    8. Docs: https://docs.docker.com
  • New

Hi, newbie here, wondering about the process for setting up snapraid and it's best practices...I have one box with OMV and a vanilla Raid 5, but seems that the snapraid might be better for my needs, which is basically archiving photography and video allowing for common access for two people as designer and photographer. Long periods of inactivity, infrequent access, but easier to access and organize file as opposed to multiple drives separate...
    Any suggestions for a good how to would be appreciated....

Thnks...oh by the way, is it true what they say about raid five being destined to fail?
  • New

So I used to have a drive in my system called parity1media. I , i removed any shares associated with it, unmounted in it and removed it from my system. However, when I am starting a docker container and navigating to the Volumes and Bind mounts, I can still see it under /srv.

I checked my fstab, it does not exists, and my omv config.xml, it also does not exist in there.

Any ideas where else I have to remove it from to keep it from showing up?

Thank you

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Pinned Call for testers: OMV4 for ARM boards

esbeeb

Locale errors

esbeeb

Can't boot after installing HBA

lvikstrom

Not Able to Configure Remote Nextcloud

Pinned Unexpected RAID Rebuild?

• Spy Alelo
  • dereknotz

dereknotz

Recent Activities

• esbeeb -

Replied to the thread Call for testers: OMV4 for ARM boards.

Quote from tkaiser: “You can't fix hardware issues by using different software ” I contemplated which hardware might be the problem. I hooked my external hard drive enclosures up to my laptop and did some testing. They seem to be perfect. I…
  • esbeeb -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Locale errors.

Thanks so much, @macom, that workaround worked for me.
  • lvikstrom -

Replied to the thread Can't boot after installing HBA.

Quote from mneese: “On my dell T7500 workstation, when installing a raid card, you have to disable the system or motherboard raid in the bios settings before the new card will be recognized. ALso, you may have to configure the boot drive in the card's…
  • Agricola -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Not Able to Configure Remote Nextcloud.

Thread
    I am trying to set up things to remotely access my local instance of Nextcloud 15. I am able to reach it locally at 192.168.1.101:444, and I have Letsencrypt running properly with Duckdns - I assume, because I when I go to pwh.duckdns.org I get the…
  • dereknotz -

Replied to the thread Unexpected RAID Rebuild?.

Still running strong 3.0.99. 16TB Raid5 grown from 6 last month. Total uptime 18mo. Not too bad for a "toy". OMV makes a quality products! Looking forward to make a jump to OMV4.x Thanks Gents
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How to Setup Snapraid.

Here's a link to the basic -> setup. Things to remember: You want at least 2 content files, set on two different data drives. (An intact content file is necessary for a restore.) The Parity drive must be the same size as the largest, or the largest…
  • ala.frosty -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV in VM - how to resize data disk?.

As I suspected, your disk is 100GiB but your partition is still 50GB: Source Code (9 lines) Refer back to my post #6. Use Parted to resize /dev/sdb1. Once you've followed that, return here and repost the "fdisk -l" result. you want your new Source Code…
  • kmal808 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Docker error for unknown service.

Thread
    Howdy, I had a power outage today and the server restart, cannot access docker container web ui's. Docker service and all containers are running. I tried to create a new container as a test and get this error: Source Code (1 line) The output of systemctl
  • try Source Code (3 lines) if that doesn't help: Remove this directory rm -fr /var/lib/apt/list Recreate the necessary directory structure mkdir -p /var/lib/apt/list/partial
  • mneese -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x How to Setup Snapraid.

Thread
    Hi, newbie here, wondering about the process for setting up snapraid and it's best practices...I have one box with OMV and a vanilla Raid 5, but seems that the snapraid might be better for my needs, which is basically archiving photography and video…