Error: Anacron job 'cron.daily' on nas

• Maybe once every week I get this error on my email:

Code
    /etc/cron.daily/logrotate:
    ERROR  Unable to contact server. Is it running?
    error: error running non-shared postrotate script for /var/log/fail2ban.log of '/var/log/fail2ban.log '
    run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/logrotate exited with return code 1

I cannot figure out what this means, and what's wrong. Can anyone help me out?

By the way, is it possible to disable emails that are sent to me everytime someone logs in to the OMV admin pages? I get the mail even if I login from my IP-adress.

• By the way, is it possible to disable emails that are sent to me everytime someone logs in to the OMV admin pages? I get the mail even if I login from my IP-adress.

No, this is not possible. In the past this was requested several times by other OMV users but then always defeated by votdev, the OMV developer.

As I know the message is only sent one time and then the information stored in an browser cookie. If you login a second time and the cookie can be read by OMV no new message should be generated.
    If you then login from a different machine or delete the cookie, then you will get the message again.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Maybe once every week I get this error on my email:

ERROR Unable to contact server. Is it running?
    error: error running non-shared postrotate script for /var/log/fail2ban.log of '/var/log/fail2ban.log '
    run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/logrotate exited with return code 1 I cannot figure out what this means, and what's wrong. Can anyone help me out?

Is the fail2ban service running? I get a similar message for Urbackup. The urbackup plugin was installed, but then I have disabled the service. It could be if you enable the fail2ban service then the message may disappeard. But I have never tried it with urbackup.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Is the fail2ban service running? I get a similar message for Urbackup. The urbackup plugin was installed, but then I have disabled the service. It could be if you enable the fail2ban service then the message may disappeard. But I have never tried it with urbackup.

Yes, the service is running, and it should always be running.

No, this is not possible. In the past this was requested several times by other OMV users but then always defeated by votdev, the OMV developer.
    As I know the message is only sent one time and then the information stored in an browser cookie. If you login a second time and the cookie can be read by OMV no new message should be generated.
    If you then login from a different machine or delete the cookie, then you will get the message again.

Okey, I can live with it I guess.

• Offizieller Beitrag

By the way, is it possible to disable emails that are sent to me everytime someone logs in to the OMV admin pages? I get the mail even if I login from my IP-adress.

Are you deleting the cookies when you close the browser?
    Try to keep the one which is related to OMV.

• Are you deleting the cookies when you close the browser?Try to keep the one which is related to OMV.

Yep sometimes, so that is why I am received it sometimes, and sometimes not.

About the cron daily problem I have no idea what is wrong, and it only happens maybe once a week.

• Now I get this quite often:
    run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/transmissionbt exited with return code 1

Transmission works fine though.
    And also this one once a week or something like that:

Code
    ERROR  Unable to contact server. Is it running?
    run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/logrotate exited with return code 1
    run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/transmissionbt exited with return code 1

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!