Sonarr (NzbDrone) 1.0 Plugin

• What do you think to an install simular to deluge where you can choose to install either the master or develop versions or should it just install the master version leaving the user to change to the develop version in the ui?

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• Doesn't matter they are shipped together

I don't think they are. You can't swap from 1 to another by simply typing in master/develop, you need to do that, restart and check if there is a new version to update to. If the latest version is not what you wanted to swap to then you have to wait until it becomes available, until then you will be stuck on the version currently installed.

Master
    Develop

• It was they must have now merged it into the master. I like to run the develop versions (Sickbeard Couchpotato ect) as you tend to get more features but you must backup regularly as sometimes bugs can get through that can cause issues.

I will work on a new version so to avoid having to use the nzbdrone repo.

• I am going to re-write the plugin to download the files instead of using the repository method, I will also rename it to Sonarr as that is now the name it will use from now on.

While I am at it would it be useful to have an option on the plugin to switch between master/develop versions. As I have said above, you can do it via the UI but if the version number you are on is higher then the version number your switching to you will be stuck on the current version until a new version is released. Letting the plugin manage the switch will allow it to just download the files of the version your switching to.

Any other thoughts?

Miller

• Update

Finished first round of testing the new plugin and all went well :D (makes a change)
    I have added in some checks for when they start changing more items from NzbDrone to Sonarr, this should prevent a few problems but some errors may still happen as I can not predict what will/might change in the future, these I will fix if and when they occur.
    While testing I installed an older version (the plugin will always install the current latest version) and then updated via the UI this to was all good and there was no need to restart, it used the new version straight away.

• It would be best to switch to the new version as the version you are running will not be supported in the future.

• Offizieller Beitrag

In the application itself, updates section in genera, put develop in branch, and wait for an update of the application. They usually update the app in between 2-3 days.

@jhmiller check the initial permissions for the /opt/nzbdrone folder it might not being able to update itself if the daemon is running as nzbdrone user and the folder initially is owned by root:root

• jhmiller check the initial permissions for the /opt/nzbdrone folder it might not being able to update itself if the daemon is running as nzbdrone user and the folder initially is owned by root:root

That is the old version, the new version (/opt/Sonarr) does have the correct permissions.

• Thanks for the awesome plugin.

How is everyone updating this, just with the built in stuff?

DAMONSTER - OMV 1.8 - 42TB RAID6
    XEON 1270 v3 - 16GB SAMSUNG ECC - X10SL7-F - ANTEC 1200 - HIGHPOINT 2720 - HIGHPOINT 640L - CORSAIR RM750 -

• Yes, that's the best way. If you want to use the develop branch, make sure you set that in the in-app settings.

Thats how I had it set, good to hear it will work the way its mean to. Thanks for that.

XEON 1270 v3 - 16GB SAMSUNG ECC - X10SL7-F - ANTEC 1200 - HIGHPOINT 2720 - HIGHPOINT 640L - CORSAIR RM750 -

• I think the recent Mono update to 3.12 has broken Sonarr. When I try to start Sonarr, I get an error message about SIGABRT when trying to execute native code.
    If I may make a suggestion, it would be better if the plugin pulled Mono from Sonarr's repository instead of straight from Xamarin, since the Sonarr team checks for stability before changing the version of Mono in their repo.

• I think the recent Mono update to 3.12 has broken Sonarr. When I try to start Sonarr, I get an error message about SIGABRT when trying to execute native code.
    If I may make a suggestion, it would be better if the plugin pulled Mono from Sonarr's repository instead of straight from Xamarin, since the Sonarr team checks for stability before changing the version of Mono in their repo.

Thanks mate, I am going to hold off on my update for now.

• Why do i always have to update everything? I switched from sickbeard to sonarr, as sickbeard wasn't working, and now i am in the same boat. Anyone know how i can revert mono back to 3.1? Thanks...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!