Is OMV5 out of beta?

• Hi there,

I went to install the latest version of OMV4 only to see that the latest version is reported as v5.05. Is it out of beta? Should I go ahead and install this version? Further - is there a way to take a config backup of my OMV4 and restore in OMV5?

Thanks

NAS OMV 3.0.59 Rig: DFI Lanparty nForce4 SLI-DR | Opteron 165 Dual Core (no overclock) | 4GB Corsair Non-ECC DDR400 RAM | OMV3: 1x100GB IDE | Data: 2x 250GB WD 7200rpm, 2x 3TB WD Red, 1x 4TB Samsung 5400rpm

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi there,

I went to install the latest version of OMV4 only to see that the latest version is reported as v5.05. Is it out of beta? Should I go ahead and install this version? Further - is there a way to take a config backup of my OMV4 and restore in OMV5?

Thanks

AFAIK this is still beta, and to answer the second part, no! :)

• AFAIK this is still beta, and to answer the second part, no! :)

I'm not sure: https://sourceforge.net/projects/openmediavault/files/

The "latest version" download link usually ignores beta's.. unless of course this is an oversight?

NAS OMV 3.0.59 Rig: DFI Lanparty nForce4 SLI-DR | Opteron 165 Dual Core (no overclock) | 4GB Corsair Non-ECC DDR400 RAM | OMV3: 1x100GB IDE | Data: 2x 250GB WD 7200rpm, 2x 3TB WD Red, 1x 4TB Samsung 5400rpm

• Offizieller Beitrag

The "latest version" download link usually ignores beta's.. unless of course this is an oversight?

There's been no announcement on the forum that 5 has been released and from other threads it will release when Buster 10.1 is.

• There's been no announcement on the forum that 5 has been released and from other threads it will release when Buster 10.1 is.

Okay great, thanks for confirming

• Offizieller Beitrag

Unfortunately I think this is why we are seeing a lot of folks downloading OMV 5

Me too, but I had an extra intel machine sitting around, and walla! it worked. I installed omv-extras from the command line with wget -O - http://omv-extras.org/install | bash I was even able to figure out (blind luck) how to install Plex with the Portainer container. I don't intend to entrust my treasures to omv 5 yet. I'm just trying to cut into the learning curve as soon as possible.

I'm pretty sure Notifications does not work. I haven't been able to get a test email yet.
    I don't much like the Portainer. I sure hope the regular Docker plugin returns, or somebody does a [how-to] on building containers with Portainer.

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!