Folder Backups

• What would people use to back up shared folders? I have 2 disks in my OMV machine that I would like to set up so that it automatically makes a back up of disk A to disk B. Any changes made in disk A would be made in disk B automatically. I have been searching online but I am only finding how to make a system back up. Im not interested in that or any encryption. I just want a folder back up and thats it. Thanks.

• rsync. There are some threads here about data backup to another drive.

E.g. this particular post or rather the whole thread: Backup plugins

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Thanks. But that seems to be too complicated. I cant even find how to install it. When I go to plugins and type rsync nothing comes up. Is there anything other than OMV that isnt this Linux complicated mess? I dont mind paying for it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Look at page 64 and following of this guide: http://www.mediafire.com/file/…9/GettingStarted.pdf/file

If I can do it, anybody can.

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

• Offizieller Beitrag

I mean I’m just a dumb old retired truck driver. If the OP can’t do it then he’s ... Well, let’s stop there. :whistling:

• Look at page 64 and following of this guide: http://www.mediafire.com/file/…9/GettingStarted.pdf/file

If I can do it, anybody can.

Ok thanks that didnt work. I tested it by using two USB sticks. I shared both through SMB. I copied some data to USB 1 and set the job to run. When that was completed I tried to open USB 2 from my desktop computer and it said that it was unable to mount the share. OMV Web page shows data on it and shared. I tried to remove the share and add it back in and that didnt work. I used to be a trucker too and I think thats why I have lost patience with these types of things that dont work. I rather just pay for something that it does. I am gonna go back to something that I know that works. Consider this thread closed. Thanks.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sorry.

• No need to be sorry. I went and installed Windows 7 on the computer. Shared the drives on the network I needed. Downloaded Create Synchronicity to run backups and scheduled those back ups to run every morning. Its been working fine with not problems. It was 10 times easier to set up than this complicated linux nonsense.

Peace out. I dont think ill ever come back to this.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!