Error on boot

• Hi everyone,
    I'm stuck during the installation of OMV. Since the installer won't allow to select the partition, but only the disk, I deleted the swap partition and changed the size of the OMV partition.
    The issue is that I'm stuck in iniramfs with those errors:

Do you know I can solve this?

Edit: after reinstalling OMV I tried to boot without doing nothing, I just got the same error from 6TB-Secondario...

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Blabla ()

• Do a new fresh install and once boot, resize partition , but this time DO NOT DELETE swap.

PD: It's a bad idea to use a partition on data disk to store anything, you can discover it in the hard way when you need to reinstall OMV.

more info: https://forum.openmediavault.o…re-data-on-the-boot-disk/

and

https://forum.openmediavault.o…ystem-disk-for-user-data/

• Do a new fresh install and once boot, resize partition , but this time DO NOT DELETE swap.

How do you grow a partition on a disk that has no free space?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I don't need to store data on OMV drive, I just want to run docker containers in it. also I see no point in having a swap partition since I have 8GB of RAM.
    Also it's just dumb thant I can't use a partition that I already have since it's already of the size that I want.

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• When you deleted the swap partition did you edit fstab to reflect that?

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• If you can't get it booted you will have to either boot another disk such as a Linux Live-CD and edit it there or take the disk out of the machine and put it into another machine that does boot Linux and edit it there.

--

• I tried to reinstall OMV and boot it up without changing anything, I'm still stuck like in the opening photo.
    The first line is:
    ata 3.00: failed to sex xfermode (err_mask=0x40)

Then it's exactly like in the photo form 6TB-Secondario: clean....

• Update:
    I've installed OMV5 on my NAS (Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram) with no other disck connected other than the one for the os.
    When I boot I recieve this error:
    ata 3.00: failed to set xfermode (err_mask=0x40)

than this:

I really don't get what I'm doing wrong. On Virtualbox it was wroking fine :(

• What type is the boot media of the OMV installer and what is the system disk type it is being installed onto?

--

• The OMV installer is on a USB key made with Rufus (latest version). I'm installing OMV on my SSD Team Group L7 60GB.
    From BIOS I changed from RAID to AHCP and set the disk as SSD instead of Hard Drive.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!