Docker GUI plugin now stable

• Hi All

Just installed Docker for use with Plex & Emby, has any one had issues with using the remote share plugin for use within the containers? (My Media is stored on a synology NAS) it works with the plugins, and it works with the plex container but when i try and mount /tv/ to the remote share its empty in ebmy...

i also have this odd error in syslog it may be to do with premissions?

• I've been wanting to try out Docker on my OMV system 2.x currently up to date. I just tried to add the docker repository and it fails when trying to do the apt-clean. Ran omv-aptclean from the CLI and received this error.

W: Failed to fetch https://apt.dockerproject.org/…ain/binary-amd64/Packages Hash Sum mismatch
    E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

I tried this on both a fresh updated VM and on my physical OMV install. Same result on both. Is there something I'm missing?

OMV Extras plugin is version 2.13.2

• had the same issue. fixed it at first by choosing the testing and stable repo of Docker. don't know so far where it came from but I guess it's because of some changes which haven't been made in the sources list. a few months ago the repo has been testing now it's stable. maybe someone else knows more.

• had the same issue. fixed it at first by choosing the testing and stable repo of Docker. don't know so far where it came from but I guess it's because of some changes which haven't been made in the sources list. a few months ago the repo has been testing now it's stable. maybe someone else knows more.

Yeah I tried the same. The docker gui plugin showed up but when I attempted to install, it couldn't install the docker-engine or the rest of the dependencies.

• But it does work if you set both repositories??

I've looked inside the repo. Stable is the wheezy the one ending

Zitat

Zitat

# docker testing repo
    deb https://dl.bintray.com/openmed…opers/stoneburner-docker2 wheezy main

I'm comparing them. Can't imagine it's only about the hash sum

EDIT: You're right it's fixed.

• Offizieller Beitrag

They could've been updating their repo. apt clean and/or waiting usually fix the error.

Enabling docker or docker testing repos in omv-extras only changes they repos enabled on omv-extras servers. They both enable the same docker hosted repo. We wanted a separate repo to put the testing version of the docker plugin in.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I previously had this plugin installed but removed it. When I try to install it again I have some sort of error. In another thread elsewhere it was suggested that this was not a problem with the plugin itself, but a problem with the system. Installed from the commandline to show details. (I can't figure out how to post source code blocks, sorry). The plugin shows up in the services menu anyway, but I am suspicious.

root@omv:~# apt-get install openmediavault-docker-gui
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    The following NEW packages will be installed:
    openmediavault-docker-gui
    0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 3 not upgraded.
    Need to get 0 B/48.6 kB of archives.
    After this operation, 546 kB of additional disk space will be used.
    Selecting previously unselected package openmediavault-docker-gui.
    (Reading database ... 82705 files and directories currently installed.)
    Unpacking openmediavault-docker-gui (from .../openmediavault-docker-gui_0.2.21_amd64.deb) ...
    Processing triggers for openmediavault ...
    Restarting engine daemon ...
    Setting up openmediavault-docker-gui (0.2.21) ...
    docker: unrecognized service
    dpkg: error processing openmediavault-docker-gui (--configure):
    subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
    Updating locale files ...
    Updating file permissions ...
    Purging internal cache ...
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    Creating index of upgradeable packages ...
    Creating index of openmediavault plugins ...
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
    root@omv:~#

Removing the plugin has problems too:

root@omv:~# apt-get purge openmediavault-docker-gui
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    The following packages will be REMOVED:
    openmediavault-docker-gui*
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 3 not upgraded.
    1 not fully installed or removed.
    After this operation, 546 kB disk space will be freed.
    Do you want to continue [Y/n]? Y
    (Reading database ... 82768 files and directories currently installed.)
    Removing openmediavault-docker-gui ...
    Purging configuration files for openmediavault-docker-gui ...
    docker: unrecognized service
    dpkg: error processing openmediavault-docker-gui (--purge):
    subprocess installed post-removal script returned error exit status 1
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    Creating index of upgradeable packages ...
    Creating index of openmediavault plugins ...
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
    root@omv:~#

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I am running the backport kernel:

Linux omv 3.16.0-0.bpo.4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.16.7-ckt25-2~bpo70+1 (2016-04-12) x86_64 GNU/Linux

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I was able to solve it this way:

root@omv:~# apt-get purge docker-engine
    root@omv:~# apt-get purge openmediavault-docker-gui
    root@omv:~# apt-get install openmediavault-docker-gui

I did this before getting back here to read your suggestion, so I don't know if the init script was missing or not. It is there now.

I am having trouble understanding how to do something with the docker plugin.

When I add a dockered application such as binhex/arch-deluge the container is on the system drive which is quite small. I can't seem to figure out how to get all that stuff including large amounts of downloads onto one of my roomy data drives.

I tried configuring the plugin Setting "The location of the Docker base path (this setting is optional and defaults to /var/lib/docker if unset). The plugin must be enabled for a change to be committed" but the rootfs filled up anyway and the data wasn't written to the data drive.

Is there any documentation or examples that would clear this up for me?

Thanks for your help.

--

• @gderf it sounds like you need to mount a folder from your "data drives" into the container where the container will be able to store it's downloaded data. How to do it with the plugin is explained in the guide, but every image/container needs the folder to be mapped into different locations within the container. Please check the documentation for your specific image/container if it gives you any hints.

• There's one important feature missing in Docker plugin, and I guess it's fairly easy to implement.

We have to be able to choose if the mount of the container path will be READ-ONLY (inside the container) or not...

The command below shows how to do it:

docker run -v /path/on/host:/path/on/container:ro my/image

the ":ro" tells it to mount as read only. Simple, right?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!