OMV 2 Kernel 4.x Image

• Offizieller Beitrag

That depends on your comfort with Linux and patience. There are lots of guides available on internet for compiling and installing a Debian/Ubuntu kernel. It isn't a fast process though.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• For what I know, those 2 commands should be enough to install the kernel

Code
    wget http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/v4.7/linux-image-4.7.0-040700-generic_4.7.0-040700.201607241632_amd64.deb 
    dpkg -i *.deb

Am I wrong?

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• Offizieller Beitrag

To install the ubuntu kernel, yes. To compile a kernel, no. I would be careful using the wildcard with dpkg -i. Make sure all .debs are removed from the directory you are doing that from. I would also be careful using the Ubuntu kernel on Debian.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Well, I've compiled 4.6.5 and it still doesn't work with VirtualBox. I get this trying to recompile the kernel modules:

after the patch mentioned on the first page, and another one I googled for, it's all good

• how can I download the latest 4.6.5 directly on OMV? I want to try it to see if I can have an auto-wake up and WoL, that are currently not working :(

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• The problem is that I never compiled a kernel and I have fear to do something wrong :(

• Not really sure for now, if possible I would try to resolve my standby problem without a kernel update :(
    I made a topic about that

• i thought this kernel is already compiled?

I download the Kernel with wget https://miami.tschoerner.eu/kernel/__CURRENT__4.5.X/linux-headers-4.5.7-fts-amd64_01%2Bcustom%2Bfts_amd64.deb and wget https://miami.tschoerner.eu/kernel/__CURRENT__4.5.X/linux-image-4.5.7-fts-amd64_01%2Bcustom%2Bfts_amd64.deb

and then? just dpkg -i linux-image* and dpkg -i linux-header*

• Offizieller Beitrag

Click on the Fix Modules button in the virtualbox plugin.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!