Seafile Installation

• It will work, but I'd give him the primary group users as OMV allows write access to it's shares to this group by default.

Here is the beginning of a install script:

If you give the seafile user an no login shell, you have to use the -s parameter of su to continue with the install as seafile (or call sudo all the time)

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Zoki ()

• Is your seahub.log working for you guys?

If anyone want to try the link their existing data to seafile, try this: ln -sv /media/[UUID]/seafile/seafile-data /home/seafile/seafile-data

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von tinh_x7 ()

• Zoki, I have the same trouble if I create the user the way you said. The start up script still only works if the user is set to root.
    Here’s the basics of what I did:
    useradd -m -d /opt/seafile -c "Seafile Service Account" -s /usr/sbin/nologin -r seafile
    su -s /bin/bash seafile
    cd
    wget download file
    Created directories for seafile installation
    cd seafile-server-*
    su -s ./setup-seafile-mysql.sh
    cd /opt/seafile/seafile-server-* (if not already in that location)
    su
    ./seafile.sh start
    ./seahub.sh start
    (works to here)
    nano /etc/init.d/seafile-server

chmod +x /etc/init.d/seafile-server
    update-rc.d seafile-server defaults
    reboot

• Offizieller Beitrag

OK, I think I've done this right. I can now access my Seafile stuff from outside my home network (using my phone at the moment for a test) by going to:
    https://my.ip.address:8444

When I get there, I get a warning to accept an invalid certificate. When I click on details, it says the certificate is invalid (which I assume is the one I created in OMV)... but then right below it, I get a message that my encrypted (which makes me think it all worked as it was supposed to). I'm not real up on this SSL, etc. but I think the encryption working s the important part.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Well, I might have spoke to soon... looks like everything is working inside my network, but on my cell phone's data network.. I can't upload... connecting to my home network, it works fine. (I followed the tutorial exactly, and am running the script as root currently.. once I've got it working per the instructions, I'll work on running it as a user).

• Yeah, you probably know the reasons. Yes, I forget the repo it is in.

A trick, if you enable all the repos and then do this:

apt-cache policy openmediavault-syncthing

You will see what repo it is in. Then you can disable the others that you are not using again.

• That would be the BTSync repo in the web gui.

If you are bored some weekend and want to chat let me know. We can get on my TS3 server or something. Miss those prison stories. LOL

C-ya...

• I don't use either Seafile or Syncthing. I like the sound of Syncthing though. My only issue with Syncthing is there is no encryption option for files in storage, only during transfer they are secured. Seafile on the other hand has this option. I also like how Seafile lets you browse the files on the server through the client app without having to sync them.. unlike ownCloud where you have to use WebDAV or your browser!

I'm helping out with the guide even though I don't use Seafile, I might one day. I suppose its just cause I enjoy tinkering with stuff...lol.. I assume there is others out there just tinkering too :)

I really like the idea of Duplicati as a backup/syncing application. With its encryption abilities and easy setup it makes it easy to forget about crashplan..... I'm still tinkering with this idea too :)

• KM0201, It sounds like you need to put your external addresses in the admin settings. The last step in the guide shows you how. Have you done that?

Whether you connect to Seafile locally or remotely you use your external IP/Domain. I'm assuming you can upload locally because your admin settings still use your local IP. When the admin settings have your external IP you should be able to upload locally and remotely.

• Offizieller Beitrag

KM0201, It sounds like you need to put your external addresses in the admin settings. The last step in the guide shows you how. Have you done that?

Whether you connect to Seafile locally or remotely you use your external IP/Domain. I'm assuming you can upload locally because your admin settings still use your local IP. When the admin settings have your external IP you should be able to upload locally and remotely.

That was it.... Thanks! Looks like it's working just fine. I'm gonna test this a couple of days in VM, then install it on my NAS, as I can get some use out of this.

It's really not difficult at all to install... the instructions you wrote are solid (when followed :))

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!