openmediavault 0.4.34 / 0.4.35 + Roadmap 0.5 / 0.6

• The following changes has been done:

openmediavault 0.4.34

• Improve WebGUI user validation.
    • Display an information dialog after the RAID has been created.
    • Backup configuration before release upgrade.
    • Cleanup local package archive before release upgrade.

Please update your system via ‘System > Update Manager’ in the OpenMediaVault WebGUI. Please reload the WebGUI to let the changes installed by the update take effect.

The changes in 0.4.35 are trivial and only relevant for testers.

Upcoming releases
    openmediavault 0.5

openmediavault 0.6

• Moving from Debian Squeeze to the new stable Debian version: Wheezy
    • Support for BTRFS

// Updated by Davidh2k

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von ryecoaaron () aus folgendem Grund: Updated

• Roadmaps as far as iam concerned:
    0.5: Update the whole Webgui to EXT4JS, run the gui via deamon and lots of other improvements see here for tech demo:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIZLywfBmis
    Also you find the last development update from Volker here:
    http://blog.openmediavault.org/?p=987

0.6: Upgrade OMV to run natively under Debian Wheezy

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• As this is a pinned topic shouldn't we change the header all the time to the newest release so people can immediately see what is last and look at the changes.
    I know there is the blog also, but right now 0.4.35 is out and i do not find the changes on the blog or here?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Changed.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.5

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Updated it with some Information about the Roadmap features.

David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Please check the changes to btrf made in kernel releases after wheezys kernel.
    Just so you think about shipping your own newer kernel. The next LTS kernel is coming up soon. Everything after (including) 3.9 would be great.
    If extra man power is needed for this topic, I would lend a hand.

• Offizieller Beitrag

OMV will always be based on the stable Debian kernel. In omv 0.6 (based on Wheezy), the 3.2 kernel will be default and I'm sure there is a backports kernel around the 3.8/9/10 range.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.5

• Any idea if 0.5 will be a long development or a short one. There are just so many new features in 0.6 being that is is based on wheezy. So may to list that 0.6 is the version that I really need.

• Offizieller Beitrag

0.5 is really to stabilize the api that OMV uses. 0.6 will take time to make the changes between squeeze and wheezy. So, it is hard to say how long the development will be.

• Best to not rush something good. This is the reason I use openmediavault. Very solid and just works. I want to build a new super nas with like over 100 gigs of ram. Basicly run all my servers on openmediavault just one big server with lots of cores and lots of ram. What I am planning to do is use openmediavault as Dom0 and use Xen. Citrix released their management tools as open-source. Openmediavault would be amazing if it had a Xen plugin with citrix gui management tools. I can wait a few months as wheezy is needed as its core. I'm running like 5 servers including openmediavault and would just like to run 1 and sell off all my old hardware. As of now I am running 2 x quad core 3 gig socket 771 with 8 gigs ram driving 12 x wd red 3 terabyte drives in software raid 5. Running 3 x raid 5, 4 drives per raid with lvm. Its so solid and have terabytes of data under ext4. I would not trust another file system with all that data. I just want to run 1 mega server and call it "baby nas" Looking into a quad socket with 12 to 16 cores per socket AMD system with over 100 gigs of ram but I need wheezy as its core. Squeeze is just too old.

After some thought I will wait for steamroller to be released. Get a 4 socket platform with 1 CPU this way it gives me a nice upgrade path for the future. If I am going to spend $800 to $ 1000 on a 4 socket system then I want it to be the latest generation.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sounds like you want Proxmox with OMV as one of the VMs. It uses RedHat kernel with Wheezy core. Running an OMV VM with virtio drives and networking, I can still saturate a gigabit link.

• I never heard of Proxmox before and it seems it supports PCI passthrough http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Pci_passthrough#INTEL
    Don't know why there is a limit on passthrough devices through maybe it's a kvm issue. I was planning on using openmediavault as Dom0 and using xen with the citrix management tools.

I may goes go with Citrix XenServer 6.2 opensource instead. I am going to install it on a spare server and see if it fits my needs. One thing I don't like is 6.2 still does not support TRIM. I was planning on using a SSD as the host drive.

• votdev - Any estimate for 0.6 on wheezy7.2, like to see if tvheadend can be build on top of it.
    Of course can just download wheezy and play around but is easier if omv 0.6 is on it: something for Saunta perhaps? ;)

• Offizieller Beitrag

I think the best you are going to get is on or before Feb 2014.

You need a few extra packages to even get it to install on wheezy and too many things don't work. Not worth trying.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!