• Hi my name is Bond james bond
    I'm a new Omv user, and I'v 2 questions :

1- Omv is running on an P35c-ds3r + e4500 + 1g*2 800mhz + Raid1 1g*2 Hitachi, and Omv is installed in a cheap usb flash A-data 8g
    the boot and shutdown of omv speed is sloooooow, I think it's running on usb1 not 2, need I to change my Os flash driver ? (the A-data)

2- I want to create automatique sync of my work ! i'm trying to remote sync from a Pc called ONE with 192.168.2.201 ip, and the directory that I want to copy to the nas is called "work"
    I think I missed something in the configuration of rsync, can't find the right Source Server (yellow)

Thanks for your help

• Zitat von "ganj"

1- Omv is running on an P35c-ds3r + e4500 + 1g*2 800mhz + Raid1 1g*2 Hitachi, and Omv is installed in a cheap usb flash A-data 8g
    the boot and shutdown of omv speed is sloooooow, I think it's running on usb1 not 2, need I to change my Os flash driver ? (the A-data)

You better change your OS Drive to a 2,5" Laptop drive or a spare 3,5" Drive and get rid of your Flash Drive. Otherwise OMV will do it for you in some weeks itself.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Welcome aboard. If you have questions, look through the forums maybe you will find your answer, if not please ask.

As the previous posters said please do not use any type of flash media (thumbstick, SD, CF card) as the OMV system disk. There are many posts here of failed flash media. This is due to the intensive write nature of OMV. OMV tears them up in short order. Even a small bootable USB hard drive would work.

Enjoy!

• Hehe, but its the truth isn't it? :D

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yes. Use Clonezilla.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Ahh cloneilla I just try it! it is super ! thx :)

for the Rsync part what I should put here ? (yellow) [ONE@]192.168.2.201:?
    I understanded that I need to install a client on my windows pc for Rsync can "pump" my files? is that right?

• Are you trying to backup files from a Windows machine to your OMV? Or do you just want to move files to your OMV? If you are simply moving files do it thru a shared folder and smb/cifs. On the windows machine you can simply search your lan thru the Network icon and login to your OMV. Then find the share you want to put files on, go into it, and then copy and paste.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Personally, I would use Windows Backup (or a scheduled task) and backup to a samba share. Rsync is not a native utility on Windows like it is on Linux.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Highlow
    I reinstalled omv on a new hard disk 120g 2.5"1000000x faster than my old usb stick
    I want to create a media server and I need to transfer 200giga of mp3 without losing the modification date of the folders during the transfer, the only solution I've found is to compressed all folders and split them
    I'm looking now how to unrar the splitted zip files !?

Thx

• Why not

Code
    rysnc -AtvP SOURCE TARGET

Code
    -A, --acls                  preserve ACLs (implies --perms)
     -t, --times                 preserve modification times
     -P                          same as --partial --progress
     -v, --verbose               increase verbosity

Greetings
    David

• If I remember correctly modification times are untouched if you copy files from a windows machine to a smb share.
    So just copy them from you windows machine to a smb share.

rsync won't work on windows!

Greetings
    David

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!