POLL: Which are your most used 3rd-party OMV Plugins?

• Hello Users,

we are trying to find out which are the most used Plugins, to decide which plugins should be ported first.

Please fill out the poll and choose your 3 most used plugins.

Greetings
    David

PS: People that are interested in contributing to the plugin development, please PM me with your interest and skills.

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Zitat von "seh2000"

For me PLEX Server
    Cheers Steen

Not a Plugin (yet).

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The Greyhole plugin automatically includes the MySQL plugin. So, don't pick both.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• To bad the list is so short.
    I use none of the listed but i do run Subsonic and a Minecraft-server on my OMV. I could use a mythtv-backend plugin besides those.

• Zitat von "davidh2k"

Not a Plugin (yet).

Greetings
    David

Yes, my bad...but it would be great to have as a Plugin :o)

CPU Atom D510, 2MB RAM, SSD 40GB (OS), SSD 120GB (Data), OMV 0.5.8 (Sardaukar) + Plex Media Server

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "jensk"

To bad the list is so short.

It is just a list of existing 3rd party plugins. We are trying to get a feel for which ones should be ported to 0.5 first.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

• Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

It is just a list of existing 3rd party plugins. We are trying to get a feel for which ones should be ported to 0.5 first.

I know, but maybe it could usefull to know which plugins could be in the pipeline. Unfortunately i don't have the skills to develop a plugin myself. I must rely on you fabulous guys that makes OMV such a good product :)

• Zitat von "jensk"

To bad the list is so short.
    I use none of the listed but i do run Subsonic and a Minecraft-server on my OMV. I could use a mythtv plugin besides those.

For Minecraft have a look at "Spacebukkit", iam eagerly waiting for the developers to get SpaceCP out...

And yes, this poll is only to get a feeling which of the exisiting plugins are used the most.

Greetings
    David

PS: Interesting how many users seem to still use torrents xD

• Since PlexMediaServer, OwnCloud, Minecraft server, and other add on packages currently seem to be working with 0.5.x. I don't think it would be wise to currently work them as plugins, later maybe, not just now. I see these as major add on packages rather than plugins.

I believe the effort should be spent on those from the existing plugin lists so OMV remains comparable to other NAS projects out there.

One plugin I believe is important is AutoShutDown, because without it we may/will see our electric bills go up. Also important are any plugins that would help the devs to advance OMV for the rest of us.

Yes the plugin list should be reviewed and additions/deletions made as the user base evolves/changes. To include easier adaptation of packages such as Plex, OwnCloud, Minecraft and others. But lets not forget this is a file server, not our desktop/laptop.

It is also important that we allow the devs and moderators to take a break and recharge themselves. We do it ourselves.

I thank all the devs and moderators for all their efforts, especially now. Good Job!

• Thanks to the Team!

I would have needed to make 4 choices :) That would have included the first hit for subversion :) But since my OMV is a home-server mainly, minidlna made it :)

Again, BIG THANKS to our devs!

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "ArmandH"

netatalk is missing

netatalk is a native plugin written by Volker.

• For the minidnla. I don't use it instead I use Serviio which is a java based dlna server that also offers a web interface for streaming. It is much more lightweight than plexmediaserver. It would be amazing if a plugin for this could be made at some point.

• Well, some of our Mods are trying really hard to get the plugins ported to 0.5.

The Poll was just to see where is the biggest demand to priorize that ones.

Greetings
    David

PS: Don't ask for any ETAs. "It's done when it's done."

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!