Possible to access drive with existing data by plugging it in?

• Somewhat of a noob here, I know just enough to make me dangerous, so this may be a stupid question.

I have had OMV up and running for a while now and can access it across my network. I have an older drive that has a lot of stuff on it I'd like to access from the network. I plugged it in and it shows up as a physical disk, but I can't figure out how to access it. It's a different file system (hfsplus) than my existing drive (ext4).

I know I'm missing something here, but how can I get to a point where I can either access the new drive, or at the very least copy the data onto the drive that I CAN access?

• The disk must appear in OMV's Storage | Disks panel, must also appear in OMV's Storage | File Systems panel, and from there you can select it and attempt to mount it.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

RAID - Its ability to disappoint is inversely proportional to the user's understanding of it.

OMV 5.x on ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0 Stepping - 16GB ECC - Silverstone DS380 + Silverstone DS380 DAS Box.

• The disk must appear in OMV's Storage | Disks panel, must also appear in OMV's Storage | File Systems panel, and from there you can select it and attempt to mount it.

I've been able to mount it, but it doesn't show up when I log in remotely. Is there a way within omv to browse the existing files on the drive?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!