Easy Nextcloud Installation discussion

• Hi @TechnoDadLife

I went through your videos and I must say awesome work you have done by creating these videos....!!
    And by looking @ your videos I am also exploring (nextcloud, letsencrypt) using docker

BTW i went thru your latest one
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_2csDJFa2k&t=762s
    in this video when @ around 22 mins..you connected the nextcloud on a tablet
    May i ask what is the source of internet connection -Is the connection used while setting up the nextcloud + and configuring it on tablet is same or they both are in entirely different networks

Reason of asking is I am having an issue while accessing the nextcloud from outside my home network.

Thanks,
    Andy

• UPDATE: Fixed

I deleted the config.php file in /nextcloud/config directory.

The I just tried over and over... you know what they say. 10th times the charm.

-----------------------------------------------

Thanks so much for your videos! They have helped so much in setting up my home network. I just joined your patron in hopes that they keep coming.

I am getting the calendar error.

Error: Could not download app calendar

e

In your video you say to to delete config and start over. Which config? I have deleted the directory /nextcloud/config and just the config.php in that directory. Also, I have to delete the container and image out of Portainer or the docker run command just says it already exist and will not run. I have also tried deleting the entire contents of my ncdata folder and start over completely and the same error persist. I've tried various combinations of these over 6 or 7 install tries.

Thanks for any help.

• @TechnoDadLife Thank you for the nice video!
    I have a question about the intiration of local folder. I think the performance is mutch faster to intigrate it directly without smb/cfs. But how can i make it? In the moment i use the OMV4 Docker plugin and i can take the folders in the options for a local path use in nextcloud.

omv 6.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 6.x |
    used plugins: omv-extras | portainer | rsnapshot | antivirus
    used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

• @TechnoDadLife Thank you for the nice video!
    I have a question about the intiration of local folder. I think the performance is mutch faster to intigrate it directly without smb/cfs. But how can i make it? In the moment i use the OMV4 Docker plugin and i can take the folders in the options for a local path use in nextcloud.

I don't have any experience with the plugin, so better to ask someone else.

• I don't have any experience with the plugin, so better to ask someone else.

ah sorry, i would like to ask, how can i use local files in your description about the docker nextcloudpi

omv 6.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 6.x |
    used plugins: omv-extras | portainer | rsnapshot | antivirus
    used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

• I greatly enjoy the videos @TechnoDadLife, they are easy to follow. I'm running into an installation issue however. My environment is a RockPro64 4GB, no hard drives, with a 64GB microSD card. This is only to test the installation with my intention to see if I can path to my Synology and use that for data storage. At any rate I'm receiving the following error in the logs:

Starting Redis
    -1 }" style="box-sizing: border-box; padding-right: 15px; padding-left: 15px; cursor: pointer;">282:C 29 Jan 2020 23:18:45.490 # Fatal error, can't open config file '/etc/redis/redis.conf'

I can log into the NextCloud activation screen but when I click Activate a spinning icon is displayed along with "NextCloudPi not yet initialized, trying again in a few seconds ...". I don't know if this is related to the Redis error. Thank you for any information or guidance with this issue.

• I greatly enjoy the videos @TechnoDadLife, they are easy to follow. I'm running into an installation issue however. My environment is a RockPro64 4GB, no hard drives, with a 64GB microSD card. This is only to test the installation with my intention to see if I can path to my Synology and use that for data storage. At any rate I'm receiving the following error in the logs:

Starting Redis
    -1 }" style="box-sizing: border-box; padding-right: 15px; padding-left: 15px; cursor: pointer;">282:C 29 Jan 2020 23:18:45.490 # Fatal error, can't open config file '/etc/redis/redis.conf'

I can log into the NextCloud activation screen but when I click Activate a spinning icon is displayed along with "NextCloudPi not yet initialized, trying again in a few seconds ...". I don't know if this is related to the Redis error. Thank you for any information or guidance with this issue.

First, I think you need a disk attached to make this work.
    Second, delete everything and reinstall. You have an error that seems to be unique enough that nothing comes up when checking google.

• First, I think you need a disk attached to make this work.Second, delete everything and reinstall. You have an error that seems to be unique enough that nothing comes up when checking google.

I was able to locate a spare 500GB hard drive. The good news is I'm no longer receiving the specific error mentioned earlier. The bad news is it's now a different error. In the logs I receive the error below. The permissions for the directory look good unless there is somewhere else I should be looking. I've removed the container and re-downloaded the image but so far it's still the same error.

/run-parts.sh: line 47: /etc/services-enabled.d/010lamp: Permission denied
    /run-parts.sh: line 47: /etc/services-enabled.d/020nextcloud: Permission denied

• Try showing the permissions for the disk and directory.

Also take a look at this. Docker ownyourbits/nextcloudpi-armhf with custom data directory

Did you remove noexec?

Ok, made it a little further thanks to the link you referenced. Through the link I also read another user experiencing a similar issue, see link below. I found the fstab file contained a reference to the new hard drive and also had noexec. Once I removed that I stopped nextcloudpi, removed it, deleted the volume, and then restarted OMV. I'm back to my original error but at least I resolved the previous one. Baby steps.

docker logs -f nextcloudpi

Making /usr/local/etc/ncp-config.d persistent ...
    Making /etc/services-enabled.d persistent ...
    Making /etc/letsencrypt persistent ...
    Making /etc/shadow persistent ...
    Making /etc/cron.d persistent ...
    Making /etc/cron.daily persistent ...
    Making /etc/cron.hourly persistent ...
    Making /etc/cron.weekly persistent ...
    Making /usr/local/bin persistent ...
    Making /etc/apache2 persistent ...
    Starting PHP-fpm
    Starting Apache
    Starting mariaDB
    2020-02-11 23:24:19 0 [Note] mysqld (mysqld 10.3.15-MariaDB-1) starting as process 141 ...
    Starting Redis
    277:C 11 Feb 2020 23:24:20.769 # Fatal error, can't open config file '/etc/redis/redis.conf'

Reference:
    https://help.nextcloud.com/t/n…n-seems-to-bother/59466/5

• It looks like this issue was identified and fixed in the github repository. I examined the latest docker image where these fixes should be inserted and it doesn't look like ownyourbits/nextcloudpi-armhf:latest has the fix included. This is running the command recommended in the video and on the nextcloudpi website.

Reference:
    https://github.com/nextcloud/nextcloudpi/pull/1021
    https://docs.nextcloudpi.com/e…-started-with-ncp-docker/

• Finally got it working. As with the reference above there is a fix for 3 different files which are permission based. Please reference the link above for the fix of each file, I've included the location of the files below. Once the files are updated then delete the container, not the volume or image, and restart the container as mentioned in the @TechnoDadLife video or the nextcloudpi website. Hopefully this will help others until the docker image is updated with the fix.

File locations:
    /ncdata/bin/ncp-provisioning.sh
    /ncdata/bin/ncp/CONFIG/nc-limits.sh
    /ncdata/etc/services-enabled.d/020nextcloud

• Thanks for the video, made it really easy to set-up!

Had to make a change to the Nextcloud.subdomain.conf to allow bigger file downloads but after that everything seems to work just fine.

I still have a small problem though:
    Whenever I transfer a big file from "SMB/CIFS A" to "SMB/CIFS B" I get a timeout in the android app or a could not move FILENAME when trying via Web interface.
    The transfer does complete eventually though so it seems to do the job in spite of the errors.

Letsencrypt/NGINX error log:

2020/03/03 10:05:33 [error] 392#392: *1878 FastCGI sent in stderr: "Primary script unknown" while reading response header from upstream, client: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX, server: _, request: "GET ///user/recordings.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX"

2020/03/03 11:18:52 [error] 392#392: *3369 FastCGI sent in stderr: "Primary script unknown" while reading response header from upstream, client: 5.101.0.209, server: _, request: "GET /index.php?s=/Index/\think\app/invokefunction&function=call_user_func_array&vars[0]=md5&vars[1][]=HelloThinkPHP HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx", referrer: "http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80/index.php?s=/Index/\think\app/invokefunction&function=call_user_func_array&vars[0]=md5&vars[1][]=HelloThinkPHP"

Nexcloud/NGINX error log:
    2020/03/03 11:55:20 [error] 352#352: *4854 upstream timed out (110: Operation timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX, server: _, request: "MOVE /remote.php/dav/files/Colin/Discovery/Downloads/21%20Jump%20Street%202012%20BluRay.720p.DTS.x264-CHD HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "host.hosting.host"

Any clue as to what I might have missed so I can fix this as well?

• Hi,

thanks for this video - it makes it realy easy to start ...

I've an actually running Nextcloud-Installation on a different Server (ubuntu), but I want to change all to OMV.

Is there a (easy) way to import my nc-data (especially the database) into this new installation?

Greetz, Christoph

ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 (Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1220L V2 @ 2.30GHz), 12GB Ram, 512GB Bootdisk (SSD M.2), 3* 4TB WD Red (Raid5) | omv 6.0.33-1 (Shaitan)

• this is my output for omv-salt deploy run fstab command:

it's all OK? can i go on?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!