Change address of web GUI

• Hi, community! I'm new to OpenMediaVault and server configuration in general. I recently installed OpenMediaVault on my Raspberry Pi 4 model B. It's working fine and I'm learning a lot. Today, I wanted to install a separate web server using Apache2. Welp, the Apache page replaced OMV's web GUI, so I was wondering if there were a way to change the address of the web GUI from ipaddress to ipaddress/omv or something like that. Thanks in advance for your consideration!

• Offizieller Beitrag

It might be enough to move the port of OMV from 80 to something else like 81. That can be done in the GUI of OMV. If you do so, the GUI of OMV will be available by typing ip.of.omv.nas:81, e.g. 192.168.0.2:81 instead of just 192.168.0.2

But be prepared to face some issues.The robust solution is to use Apache in a Docker as geaves proposed.

• It might be enough to move the port of OMV from 80 to something else like 81. That can be done in the GUI of OMV. If you do so, the GUI of OMV will be available by typing ip.of.omv.nas:81, e.g. 192.168.0.2:81 instead of just 192.168.0.2

But be prepared to face some issues.The robust solution is to use Apache in a Docker as geaves proposed.

Since posting the question, I started learning a bit about Nginx, but I never thought about simply changing the port number. I changed it to port 81, and it works great! Thanks for the suggestion. The Apache server and OMV GUI works separately now. Now I'm thinking of activating the Nginx "default" site, which OMV seems to have disabled when it first installed it. Then I could just have two Nginx sites instead of also having Apache running. Now I'm trying to figure out how to activate the other Nginx site.

• I know that OpenMediaVault is quite useful, but for beginners, it is hard to use. I remember how I was struggling with this app when I just started to use it. Personally, I still have no idea how to use it properly, and do everything blindly, by clicking every button and search for the difference. But of the time, I don’t have any free time or desire to play with this app. I some functions that I needed, I found them online. I found this service https://ipostal1.com/virtual-office.php and pay approximately 10$ per month. It helps me to save a lot of time doing some things by myself. If I had more time and more luck, I would stop paying them and do everything on OpenMediaVault.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!